By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - THQ has Darksiders II running on Wii U

Source-http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-09-thq-has-darksiders-ii-runing-on-wii-u

Not bad having it up and running in 5 weeks.

The third-party game footage shown during Nintendo's E3 press conference this week to demonstrate Wii U was taken from PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 code – but at least one game is already up and running on the new console.

And it looks just as good on Wii U as it does on PS3 and Xbox 360.

That game is THQ's Darksiders II, which developer Vigil spent five weeks building for Wii U in anticipation of a reveal at E3.

"We have Darksiders II completely running on the Wii U right now," THQ core games boss Danny Bilson told Eurogamer today.

"It took about five weeks. Coming into the show we were ready to go. We could have demonstrated it on the hardware but they [Nintendo] decided not to have full games shown in the booth."

Instead, as confirmed by Nintendo this week, PS3 and Xbox 360 footage was shown to reveal that Darksiders II is set for launch on Wii U, due out next year.

"But if you were to go into Vigil in Austin, Texas right now, Darksiders II is fully running on the new hardware," Bilson continued.

"The Darksiders team was one of the first teams to get dev kits. We've had dedicated engineers on it working seven day weeks leading up to the show.

"I've got all the emails. We now have it running with the controller. So we could have shown it."

Nintendo is yet to fully reveal the Wii U specs, making power comparisons with the PS3 and Xbox 360 difficult.

"Some of it is still in flux," Bilson said. "There are still some improvements to be made to some parts of it."

But, the Wii U version of Darksiders II will "absolutely" look as good as on PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Around the Network

"absolutely" look as good.

Notice the use of the quotes.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:

/Stabily stab stab

Galaki said:
megaman79 said:

/Stabily stab stab

Well its clear the great unbiased journalist asked, Is it AS powerful as the PS360? not is it MORE powerful. Tells you something about context, and fear of the new playa on the market.

(stabby stab stab wut?)

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Galaki said:
megaman79 said:

/Stabily stab stab

Well its clear the great unbiased journalist asked, Is it AS powerful as the PS360? not is it MORE powerful. Tells you something about context, and fear of the new playa on the market.

(stabby stab stab wut?)

Taking a stab at Nintendo, LoL.

Around the Network

Maybe a noob question but having it running in 5 weeks means that it's easy to develop for? Or it's just that it's power allows it to run the game without much optimisation (yeah, I'm dreaming)?

Now why didn't Nintendo allowed them to show it? It's always better to have a real exemple of a multiplat game running on your system and showing how the controller can improve it.

And what he says about the hardware:

Some of it is still in flux," Bilson said. "There are still some improvements to be made to some parts of it.

Does it mean that clock speeds, amount of RAM, etc. are yet not decided? Hmmm, that would explain the lack of info...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

GianCarmen said:

And it looks just as bad on Wii U as it does on PS3 and Xbox 360.

I corrected their mistake.

PS3 and X360 are years behind current tech and nowhere near good graphics by current standards.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

JEMC said:

Some of it is still in flux," Bilson said. "There are still some improvements to be made to some parts of it.

Does it mean that clock speeds, amount of RAM, etc. are yet not decided? Hmmm, that would explain the lack of info...

Correct.  Event eh dev kits are still changing which is why the specs are not yet listed. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Zlejedi said:
GianCarmen said:

And it looks just as bad on Wii U as it does on PS3 and Xbox 360.

I corrected their mistake.

PS3 and X360 are years behind current tech and nowhere near good graphics by current standards.

By your definition, the current Wii, DS, PSP graphics must look like horseshit dipped in mud then...

Tell me again that Uncharted 3 looks bad ?

Viper1 said:
JEMC said:

Correct.  Event eh dev kits are still changing which is why the specs are not yet listed.

Thanks.

But given that the console will launch in about a year (2nd half 2012?) shouldn't the developers know the final specs? How are they going to have games for the system's launch if they still don't know how far they can push it?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.