By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
Also, about the third party stuff, I kind of have to agree with KylieDog on it. To an extent, at least.

Across the board, third party support on Vita has been absolute shit so far. Honourable mention to Ubisoft & SEGA for at least bringing us a couple of new things.

But otherwise it's just been crap from everyone. In reality, EA's support has pretty much been just as bad as Capcom's. Both of them churned out ports of console games, but in the case of EA it's just the games they have ported (FIFA, Madden & Need for Speed) have been more helpful to Vita than Capcom's ports have (two fighting games). That just says more about each company's state at the moment than anything else.

In order of how much effort I think third parties have put in:
- Ubisoft (launch titles to get the console off the ground, plus new Lumines & Assassin's Creed. They've tried the hardest imo).
- Marvelous AQL (hadn't even heard of them until Vita. But Senran Kagura, Soul Sacrifice & NLKS is at least some effort)
- SEGA (Miku was a godsend for Japan, but just ports otherwise. If PSO2 turns out okay, I'll be pleased).
- EA (FIFA, Madden & Need for Speed have always been important on Sony consoles. Could do with something original & more effort in next year's FIFA).
- Tecmo Koei (at least they're keeping 2013 propped up with ports, and they bothered to make an original Dynasty Warriors game).
- Nihon Falcom (they've been propping up small amounts of Vita owners in Japan with new content)
- Namco Bandai (surprisingly, they haven't actually done that much. Low-effort Ridge Racer game & ports of PSP and DS games. Not the kind of support Vita needs from them. Tales of Hearts might redeem a bit).
- Konami (MGS HD was good. Silent Hill was awful.).
- Warner Bros. (Mortal Kombat helped, but ports of DS LEGO games isn't great. The original LEGO game in 2013 may push them up a bit).
- Capcom (two ports at least puts them above these next two).
- Square Enix (no effort whatsoever).
- Activision (even less effort than that. A complete disaster).

Sorry, I like making lists.

Point being, anyway, that even Ubisoft who I consider to have put the most effort into Vita, haven't really done that much. And even though Capcom is near the bottom, Konami & WB's effort's really haven't been much better. I hope we see some kind of turn-around next year.

Namcobandai is one of the biggest supporter of Vita. 

• One piece pirate warriors 2. ( Vita Japan exclusive ATM)
  • TorikoXDBZXonepiece fighting game( forgot the title for this one)
  • Gundam
  • God Eater 2.  (I wouldn't be surprised if God Eater burst 2 or whatever it's called will be a Vita exclusive.)
  • Tales of Heart R and innocence R.

I think NB will also release a Tekken of some sort for Vita. They also hinted a Super Robot wars for Vita.

You also forgot about atlus. P4G is one of the biggest game for Vita.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:

• One piece pirate warriors 2. ( Vita Japan exclusive ATM) (Also on PS3)
  • TorikoXDBZXonepiece fighting game( forgot the title for this one) (Also on PS3)
  • Gundam (Also on PSP/PS3)
  • God Eater 2.  (I wouldn't be surprised if God Eater burst 2 or whatever it's called will be a Vita exclusive.) (Also on PSP)
  • Tales of Heart R and innocence R. (Ports of NDS games)

I think NB will also release a Tekken of some sort for Vita. They also hinted a Super Robot wars for Vita.

Yeah, check the bolded for my feelings about that.  I guess I was a little harsh on them, but still.  They're not making any original content, anything they've got lined up for Vita lately has either been on another platform first or is coming to another platform as well.  It needs original content to help it grow, and all their original content seems to go towards the PSP.  I suppose they don't have any other option at this point.

About Atlus - yeah.  They've released one game.  It's the same as EA, it's a very helpful game, but it's still a port of just one game.  

KylieDog said:
Tekken? Just what Vita needs, another fighting game that will never be taken seriously on the platform.

aww hell no! Tekken DR on the PSP was one of the most note worthy and praised games around. As long as they don't go the tekken 6 vita route they should be good. Tekken DR has to be my most played game on the psp, and I know I'm not the only one. The mechanics of Tekken fit the system perfectly. Much more so than any other fighter imho

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
KylieDog said:
Tekken? Just what Vita needs, another fighting game that will never be taken seriously on the platform.

aww hell no! Tekken DR on the PSP was one of the most note worthy and praised games around. As long as they don't go the tekken 6 vita route they should be good. Tekken DR has to be my most played game on the psp, and I know I'm not the only one. The mechanics of Tekken fit the system perfectly. Much more so than any other fighter imho

It would never be taken seriously competitively and without a scene nobody gives a crap.  Tekken 6 and TTT2 are where Tekken matters, and T6 not so much anymore.  Tekken 5 DR was also in arcades and on PS3.

lol who gives a shit if it's not taken seriously competetively? No one does for portable fighters afaik. That's not where the charm lies.

And Tekken: DR was the BEST Tekken of the gen, on both home consoles and portables. Excellent gameplay, fun mini games and fantastic new characters. 

You really are an overly negative person. Tekken is one of my (and again I'm not the only who have said this) most anticipated games for the future on vita. You know why? Because as long as it's fun and well made....that's all that matters to me. If they actually do the right moves they did with Tekken DR, it will be the best handhedl fighter available in the market

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Kresnik said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

• One piece pirate warriors 2. ( Vita Japan exclusive ATM) (Also on PS3)
  • TorikoXDBZXonepiece fighting game( forgot the title for this one) (Also on PS3)
  • Gundam (Also on PSP/PS3)
  • God Eater 2.  (I wouldn't be surprised if God Eater burst 2 or whatever it's called will be a Vita exclusive.) (Also on PSP)
  • Tales of Heart R and innocence R. (Ports of NDS games)

Yeah, check the bolded for my feelings about that.  I guess I was a little harsh on them, but still.  They're not making any original content, anything they've got lined up for Vita lately has either been on another platform first or is coming to another platform as well.  It needs original content to help it grow, and all their original content seems to go towards the PSP.  I suppose they don't have any other option at this point.

About Atlus - yeah.  They've released one game.  It's the same as EA, it's a very helpful game, but it's still a port of just one game.  

Both tales of are not ports. They are both remakes hence the R in it.

Although I get where you are coming from but Namcobandai will have the most released game out of all the 3rd parties devs in Japan. Namcobadandai is one of the dev. that's keeping the Vita afloat in Japan.

Around the Network
NesFe said:

@SnakrDrake: I did play Time travelers, but only the first 30 minutes or so of the game. The game is basically a full on visual novel with QTEs and you can jump forward/backwards in time to events to view them and change decisions. I'm planning to start playing it again soon since the story looked interesting.

As for reception, considering it barely sold and it was released on 3 systems, I don't think it was well received, but I haven't seen any forum discussions and what not so I'm not sure

Oh well I dont think it will ever get an english translation. Oh and the other Level 5 game on the vita is Little Busters tried the demo it was fun.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

@Mugen who's your main fighter. I hope its like a traditional fight cause im not a fan of tag.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
KylieDog said:

It would never be taken seriously competitively and without a scene nobody gives a crap.  Tekken 6 and TTT2 are where Tekken matters, and T6 not so much anymore.  Tekken 5 DR was also in arcades and on PS3.

lol who gives a shit if it's not taken seriously competetively? No one does for portable fighters afaik. That's not where the charm lies.

And Tekken: DR was the BEST Tekken of the gen, on both home consoles and portables. Excellent gameplay, fun mini games and fantastic new characters. 

You really are an overly negative person. Tekken is one of my (and again I'm not the only who have said this) most anticipated games for the future on vita. You know why? Because as long as it's fun and well made....that's all that matters to me. If they actually do the right moves they did with Tekken DR, it will be the best handhedl fighter available in the market

Tekken will not do shit for Vita, which is what I originally stated.  That isn't me being negative, that is just a fact. 

You kindling me it will defiantly move some vitas

KylieDog said:
SnakeDrake said:

You kindling me it will defiantly move some vitas

Just like on 3DS right?  Or like UMvC3, SFXT, MK, Blazblue have done?

DOA5+ will be the fifth quality fighter the Vita gets.  Make it sixth if want to count PSASBR.  If people wanted handheld fighters Vita would be flying off the shelves because it is probably the best handheld for fighters ever, by a far margin.

I don't own a kindle.

yeah...I'll have to agree with kyliedog here. Tekken will do shit for the Vita.

And dood, MK is not a qulaity fighing game. Its an evil cheezy crap of a turd.

But I'd welcome a Tekken Vita game, as long as its more like Tekken DR and nothing like Tekken 6 psp coz 6 sucks so much balls.

M.U.G.E.N said:
haha I dunno if you guys would be able to pronounce my name :P

my name is: Randika. Pronounced as - Run-dhi-kah (if you guys didn't know already, I'm from Sri Lanka, currently living in the US)

feel free to call me anything you prefer

So, can I call you Bob? Never had a friend named Bob ever and I'd like to call someone Bob ahahahahaha

Oddly enough, I was able to pronounce your almost like how you said its suppose to be pronounced even before I sow it .... hmmmm... I must be a super geniuse