By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
ivanpgcs said:
"Are you looking for some fun games to help you banish those January blues? Then why not brighten your morning with this great offer: starting today, we’ll be offering you one free PlayStation Mobile game every seven days for the next six weeks.
The first title is Samurai Beatdown, a colourful 2D rhythm action brawler in which you defend yourself by tapping in time to the music."

Did the offer also available to US PSN or just like every time exclusive to EU account?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

just got sumioni and am really enjoing it. There's no excuse not to pick it up at that price (unless you dont like sidescrollers).

and wtf @ sumioni not being available in germany... we got it in switzerland (only in english though) and i always thought the swiss and the german store were the same, and as far as i can remember it was announced on the german ps blog...

I really want demon gaze to come out here

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Some new God Eater 2 details:
A new character (Kazuki Nana) and new weapon (Boost Hammer), Apparently she has cat ears.

A new God Machine, details unknown if it's an enemy or ally ?

DemoniOtaku said:
http://gematsu.com/2013/01/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1257

Famitsu scores.. Demon gaze and Monhun monpiece got good scores.. 34/40 and 33/40... not bad for niche and fapping games like those..

Pleasing, but Famitsu hand out high scores like nobody's business.  Interested to see how much they both sell, though.

Around the Network

Gonna download Jet Set Radio now :p

naruball said:

I totally see your point. Those indie titles won't move much hardware, if any at all. Having said that, Mutant blobs feels like the perfect game for a portable, while Uncharted: GA doesn't. As a gamer, I don't want amazing AAA games, just fun games like Uncharted: fight for fortune. While playing the binding of Isaac, I kept thinking how awesome it'd be on my vita. I'm really glad it's being ported and I'll definitely rebuy it, cuz I think it's gonna be even more fun on the psv.

Edit: Also, the fact that the psv is getting some games is better than no games, since great games take tons of time to be made.

Yeah, I can see your point too.  I find it a really interesting subject actually.  Sony get lambasted for bringing home console franchises to handhelds, but it completely depends on the franchise and how it was adapted for handhelds to how successful it actually is.

To illustrate with examples - I think Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories are two perfect examples of how to translate a big home console franchise onto a handheld.  Still really nice production values, same gameplay we're used to, interesting plot - everything you'd expect from the console versions.  But the games are divided into more bite-sized missions and you always feel like you're contributing towards the games even when you only play for a few minutes.  So for example, in GTA you can just drive around for 5 minutes at a time and manage your empire, or do a mission or two.  Just works perfectly on the go.

Sony's problem is that they try to bring home console experiences fully on the go.  For certain franchises it just works - LittleBigPlanet is a perfect portable games.  But others need tweaking in the process - Uncharted GA seems great, but it just looks like another Uncharted game that just-so-happens to be on Vita.  God of War PSP titles suffered from this as well.  There needs to be some tweaking in the design process along the way, imo.

Still, onwards and upwards.  I have a feeling/I am hopeful that they're going to get things right with Killzone Mercenary.  If they make the "Mercenary" part of it like the mission design in Unit 13, then they could be onto something good.

Retro City Rampage is out today! Tempted to nab but at the same time... it was going to by my US Flight game 'til it failed to emerge lol.

Earth Defense Force £34.99? LOOOOOOOOL need to knock about £20 off that price for me. I only remember the PS2 releases being £19.99 titles on release in PAL land.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

deskpro2k3 said:
Six weeks of free PlayStation Mobile gaming starts today!

Damn.. Sony just keep giving.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/16/six-weeks-of-free-playstation-mobile-gaming-starts-today/

It's not available in Poland, right?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

The problem with EDF's pricing is that that whole series started as part of the "Simple" series in Japan, of lower-budget games that were priced a lot lower (for example, the Simple 2000 series, which Global Defence Force was part of afaik, retailed for ¥2000, which is like $20 ish).

I actually don't have a problem with them charging what they're charging to swindle early adopters. Every company does it. I would also be tempted to pay it for a retail copy. But for digital only... nuh-uh. EDF 2017 is a fantastic game, but I don't spend more than £30 on anything game-related these days, and £35 is out of the question.