By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
I feel like I'm the only person around here who doesn't care about all these small indie titles. I don't mind dabbling in one of two of the really good ones from time to time (Mutant Blobs is on my list at the moment), but I don't want Sony to throw copious amounts of money at attracting the indie crowd. It's at best going to bring a niche audience to Vita.

I also feel it's a bit of a waste. I have the most powerful dedicated handheld ever in my hands, with all these awesome yet underused options for inputs on it. I don't want to play ports of 16 bit games which don't use Vita's features on it, I want to play built-from-the-ground up games that realise the full potential of the console. Big names on store shelves are going to do so much more for Vita than downloadable titles that will go un-noticed save for VitaHub readers or PS Store browsers.

I'm not saying they don't have a place on a Vita. I just want to see then mixed in with the bigger stuff. Guess I'm feeling a drought at the moment because we haven't really had anything new announced for a while. Just a shame because there's so much that can be done with this console, yet I'm feeling increasingly that no-one is going to realise the potential outside a few of Sony's own studios.

Meh. Lemon out.

Yeah, I agree with you. Personally I've only bought Sine Mora (I like it) and have no intention of buying other indie tites (I do own Mutant Blob too, PS+ free game). I want some AAA JRPGs (already  own Tales of Innoence R and Ys).

There are two problems the Vita is facing right now. One,The handhelds are supported mainly by Japanese developers and the big developers like Capcom, Square Enix and Level 5 haven't got on board yet. Sony is already making Soul Sacrifice/Tearaway/killzone Mercenaries and maybe some unannounced suprise title.

Two, Sony is losing focus of the Japanese market and focusing on the West too much with games that appeal to the mainstream market (Resistance, Unit 13, Killzone, Call of Duty and Assasin's creed ).  I hope PS4/Xbox 720 annoncements this year don't reduce the already low interest that the vita has.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
They should release an indie game collection on a cartage.

I agree, but how would they split the royalties? If it was just one developer, one publisher and they came out with 3 or more games (Journey collection), then I don't see a real problem with them doing that.

Go download Wake up Club! psn id in profile. lol

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
KylieDog said:

I dislike indie games, to be honest most of them are crap, or just reskins of browser games. Even the good ones aren't much cop. Too many try and be innovative and completely forget about being fun.

I'd rather handhelds be used for the sorts of games that are too risky for a home console nowdays, for example large openworld RPGs. Unless you're a Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Final Fantasy etc that is sure to sell multiple millions then the cost is too high compared to PS1/PS2 days (is why the genre dying imo), handhelds are a great way to lower the cost.

Survival horror would be another genre, since that is pretty much dead on consoles.

I couldn't agree more. That's why all the time I'm thinking and talking about Morrowind Remake, Witcher 1 & 2, Kingdom of Amalur (and buying the right to the title and doing a sequel), Amnesia, Machine for Pigs on Vita. These games would be so epic to play on Vita. Also remakes of RE games would kick ass.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

So yo peepz..lemme get your hopes up for no good reason whatsoever... :P

https://mobile.twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/291377447507746816/photo/1

So I have seen people say this is either

1. Pandora's Tower

OR

2. Ys :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I don't know if you guys like review scores posted here or care for them to be posted (I won't post them again if you don't), but here is a 2 review scores for 2 Vita titles coming out shortly (I think).

Famitsu review scores are as follows:
Demon Gaze (PSV) – 9/9/8/8
Monster Monpiece (PSV) – 8/9/8/8

As a bonus, here’s a couple of Dengeki PlayStation scores:

Demon Gaze (PSV) – 85/85/80/85
Monster Monpiece (PSV) – 85/85/90/80

Sure man we love em reviews :D Demon Gaze did good actually..better than I expected

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I don't think Xseed had anything to do with Pandora's Tower, wasn't it developed by Nintendo and published by them too? 

EDIT: it could be a confirmation that it's coming to the US, Like they did The Last Story.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance – PS Vita Game (now: $26.99 original price: $29.99)
Lumines Electronic Symphony – PS Vita Game (now: $26.99 original price: $29.99)
Orgarhythm – PS Vita Game (now: $19.99 original price: $29.99)
Rayman Origins – PS Vita Game (now: $26.99 original price: $29.99)
Sumioni: Demon Arts – PS Vita Game (now: $14.99 original price: $19.99)

Store Updated today and those are some price cut on PSVitagames.. and it say that FFTactis is leaving the list of PS+ games. so next week a new PSP game? Which could be?

and Demon gaze's opening Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=puQyRgt8Szw

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Godchild1020 said:

I don't think Xseed had anything to do with Pandora's Tower, wasn't it developed by Nintendo and published by them too? 

EDIT: it could be a confirmation that it's coming to the US, Like they did The Last Story.

Yep it will be about a localization. 

and Now people are saying it might be Valhalla Knights 3 0_o...not sure what to think about that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!