By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Mmmfishtacos said:
ils411 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
40 dollars for little king story!!! thought it was going to be cheaper than that.

Exactly what I was thinking. For $39.99 = will not buy.

And no demo. Is this game a retail game aswell? I'll pick it up only if i can return it if I don't like it.

Yeah, no demo. I wanted to try it first and see if I'll like it. The Asian version has a retail version, not sure if the NA release is PSN only.

Waaaaay to much money for something that's less than 700Mb and a remake of sorts where in most of the cost have already been covered by the original release on the Wii.

Not cool! Not cool at all!

Around the Network
ils411 said:
DemoniOtaku said:
ils411 said:
You guys know about the $20 rebate if you spend at least $100 on PSN this October right? I was thinking, since PSN+ is launching for the Vita this November, if its anything like the one for the PS3 with an instant game collection, wouldn't it be wiser to just wait for November instead of forcing our poor wallets to shell out $100 big ones?

Well.. I'm gonna spend 50$ on Ragnarok and some Gravity DLC.. plus Zen Pinball tables... and 50$ on one Piece Pirate Warriors.. so.. I already have all that covered.. and I'm plus since last year before the outage...

WHAT?! You haven't bought the Gravity Rush DLCs yet? SHAME ON YOU!

I've been contemplating on the PSN+ thing and I think its not worth it for me. The instant game collection sounds really cool and all, but after spending on games, I want to keep them, permanently.  Sooooo....I think I'll just get PSN+ on a by 3 month basis only when there are 3-4 games that I want and are on sale by at least 30% so as to get the maximum savings possible.

I took my time to get the Plat on Gravity Rush.. so I'll take my time to buy and complete the DLC... I will enjoy them slowly until Gravity Rush 2 is confirmed XD

And I say You, PS+ is a great investment... only on exclusive disccounts at year you get more than the 50$ you spend... and If you have a PS3 the deal is just  too good to pass on it...

<b>@RUNA</b> That is a headline!.. and I just finished 2050 season on WipEout.. but I'm not over with all the events on it.. I'm having a hard time with some course.. like Rockway Stadium where You need to absolutly take the shorcuts to win on those events.. but the shorcuts mean to make 90 grades turns and some U turns! JUST INSANE... and then there's the Pir-hana event you have to surpass a Speed-Pir-hana with the same CRAPPY Speed-Pir-hana.. seriously Pir-hanas are CRAPP!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Chark said:

So is it just me or is Virtue's last reward a terrible terrible game? The direction is aweful, the intro starts you off without any story concepts but then it adds them later, when it should have started off with that at the beginning. To make matters worse the characters act in a way completely inconsolable to the situation they are in. While you are confused, the characters seem to know what is going on, or at least not care about not knowing. They care more about terrible forced character introductions than introducing you to the game which at that point might as well be in a unlit room as setting is uterly void. For having an interesting story concept it is utterly lost on this title from shoddy delivery.

The voice acting might not be as bad isolated from the way the characters act. For rendering 3D characters you'd expect the developers to take advantage of full body and face movements but instead resort to the static 2D poses found in games from pervious generations that didn't have that luxury. It was charming done in 2D, but in 3D they added weight shifting so the characters are alive and moving yet fade out into different poses instead of actually making the pose. That and the poses are very unnatural and limited, so the characters often look the same whenever they speak using poses that do not match what they are saying. The voice acting doesn't go as far as to give the main character a voice for unknown reasons except maybe to destroy all sense of cinematography as you listen to characters speak just to be forced into reading what your character has said and jump back to voiced script and back and back again. Conversation was only effective during the times when all of it was voiced or none of it was voiced.

The gameplay is clunky, plagued by poor touch screen controls that seem to serve as the most difficult part of solving puzzles. You will find yourself watching repeat animations and entering commands you did not intend to while looking around or closing out dialog boxes.

Explain to me why a game like this was made with these astetics in mind. They seem to have successfully taken a good game concept and ignored the process of creating a game. This is something that should have been a book or a movie because everything game like is done poorly. Is this why people say Japanese games are dying? Maybe I just don't have the taste for this genre of games, but then who does?

Are we talking about the demo here? Keep in mind that this game was made for the Japanese audience, so, it might not be to your liking. Dem Japanese, dey be weird , also, dem Japanese, dey get all da good stuff, da best games from da west and all da games from Japan! Lucky bastards!

Oh what a nice surprise! Silent Hill Book of Memories is actually much better than what I expected (of course, I had no antecipation at all). By the way, nice Store update today :)

DemoniOtaku said:
ils411 said:
DemoniOtaku said:
ils411 said:
You guys know about the $20 rebate if you spend at least $100 on PSN this October right? I was thinking, since PSN+ is launching for the Vita this November, if its anything like the one for the PS3 with an instant game collection, wouldn't it be wiser to just wait for November instead of forcing our poor wallets to shell out $100 big ones?

Well.. I'm gonna spend 50$ on Ragnarok and some Gravity DLC.. plus Zen Pinball tables... and 50$ on one Piece Pirate Warriors.. so.. I already have all that covered.. and I'm plus since last year before the outage...

WHAT?! You haven't bought the Gravity Rush DLCs yet? SHAME ON YOU!

I've been contemplating on the PSN+ thing and I think its not worth it for me. The instant game collection sounds really cool and all, but after spending on games, I want to keep them, permanently.  Sooooo....I think I'll just get PSN+ on a by 3 month basis only when there are 3-4 games that I want and are on sale by at least 30% so as to get the maximum savings possible.

I took my time to get the Plat on Gravity Rush.. so I'll take my time to buy and complete the DLC... I will enjoy them slowly until Gravity Rush 2 is confirmed XD

And I say You, PS+ is a great investment... only on exclusive disccounts at year you get more than the 50$ you spend... and If you have a PS3 the deal is just  too good to pass on it...

@RUNA That is a headline!.. and I just finished 2050 season on WipEout.. but I'm not over with all the events on it.. I'm having a hard time with some course.. like Rockway Stadium where You need to absolutly take the shorcuts to win on those events.. but the shorcuts mean to make 90 grades turns and some U turns! JUST INSANE... and then there's the Pir-hana event you have to surpass a Speed-Pir-hana with the same CRAPPY Speed-Pir-hana.. seriously Pir-hanas are CRAPP!

no, no NO NO NO! You're suppose to buy Gravity Rush day one and the DLCs day one too!!!! ARRRRRR!!!

If I had a PS3, PS+ would be a very very good deal, but sadly, all I has is a Vita, so..... If they offer an insaenly awesome instant game collection, then maybe I'll bite, I'll reserve judgement once we see what's instore for the Vita

Around the Network
NesFe said:
StokedUp said:
so has any of the US people in here downloaded the zero escape demo for vita? let me know how it is, Im really hyped for this, hopefully its like 999

I loved 999 and this seems to have the same atomosphere. Plus the betray, ally mechanic sounds interesting.

The demo was short, only a small novel introduction section to what is happening and one puzzle (4 rooms(1 locked), 4 lockers, 4 phones, passwords and keys and papers etc...). Since the enviroments are 3d you can look around the entire  room using the analog stick or touch screen. There is a memo section you can use to scribble notes using touch screen, which is nice (saves the trouble of writing on paper). This is definitly a day one buy for me.

I just finished downloading the demo and finished playing it. The Novel part, I skiped through since there wasn't much of a reason to read through it without the entire story and stuff.

The escape part made my brain hurt. Its been a while since I had to think a bit on a puzzle. (reminds me of day of the tenticle...ahh good times, good times)..

Anyways, at first I was like, "da fuk is dis?", then i was like, "da fuk is dat?", and the biggest oen was "da fuk is she wearing?". "are you just wearing a huge fuking necklace thingy to cover your boobs? da fuk?!".

Anyway, I was very skeptical towards this game, now I'm going to have to rethink my game purchaes for the rest of the year and see which I can live without so that I can squeeze this in

RafaelOrix said:
Oh what a nice surprise! Silent Hill Book of Memories is actually much better than what I expected (of course, I had no antecipation at all). By the way, nice Store update today :)

So, its ok ok or good ok or just ok? Downloading it now and its taking forever

Yup, nice update for psone classics, too bad SCEA forgot about psp games... wonder when they'll start using their brains and get VCII on the vita store...

ils411 said:

no, no NO NO NO! You're suppose to buy Gravity Rush day one and the DLCs day one too!!!! ARRRRRR!!!

If I had a PS3, PS+ would be a very very good deal, but sadly, all I has is a Vita, so..... If they offer an insaenly awesome instant game collection, then maybe I'll bite, I'll reserve judgement once we see what's instore for the Vita

I bought Gravity Rush after it released and it took one month (or more) to come to my hands... So I didn't Preorder DLC.. but I'm more than glad to pay for any Gravity Rush related! I'm gonna get Hot SHot Golf hoping Kat DLC get to US too ;)

And About PS+... You will bite Remember my words!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

I liked Zero Escape demo, and I'm happy for this weeks PSOne games and Silent Hill wasn't bad, still ain't getting til its like 15 since i usually hate silent hill. Now problems with the update this week!! They brought ALL the PSOne Final Fantasy games but FFV. Really!? Also STILL no Crash games!!! I really want Crash 2, Warped and CTR on my damn Vita. Glad Threads of Fate is there now and all 4 megamans. We need the X games tho.
Side Note: Reports say Final Fantasy III on PSP works on Vita now if you transfer through PS3. On the PSBlog people tried and confirmed it :) enjoy

BTW NLKS lost my sale for now $39.99 is just too much, $29.99 would make me get in Dec.And 19.99 I would get this week. But not no more lol.
I'm a buy Sonic Adventure 2 and the DLC + a PSOne game