By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Chark said:
Tridrakious said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Tridrakious said:
I don't approve of just focusing on one PlayStation platform. Even if the name of the website just references Vita. It needs to be something that reflects the entire PlayStation family of platforms.

It's a restricting thing to only focus on one platform. Especially when there isn't that much to talk about.

We are going to start with the vita, then over time once we think we have a handle on how things will roll. Well roll out the rest of the PlayStation family

The name will throw people off and will keep people from just spontaneously coming to the site. It needs to be more "general", there can be sections of the site focused on specific systems, but there isn't much to go on with just the Vita being the focus.

With that said, I'm not the one that is launching the site. I'm just throwing out my experience and hope the ones that are actually helming this project see some useful stuff out of it.

Considering the site will be understaffed and inexperienced tackling just one product is the best route. Adding other segments will come in time but there needs to be a working/semi-successful site by then. If it does well there is always potential to change the name of the site to something better/relevant to what can be offered. If a full blown PlayStation site was made from the get go, it would be smothered by work load and established competition.

However, changing the name after already establishing it isn't an easy thing. As a point of reference, how many people from VGChartz has ventured off to view the form "side-projects" of VGC?

I'm just throwing the prospects out there. Making the PS3/PS4 would attract more people in just from the system numbers. Vita really doesn't have much to do the same. I'm not saying it isn't going to eventually, but making it the main focus of a website right now isn't going to attract people in.

Anyway, I'm not wanting to derail this thread, so if anyone wants to continue, message me.

Around the Network

Oh my, just came home to see lots of good news for the system. Glad to see Earth Defense and Picotto Knights coming to the west.

Should be Vita and PS4. You'll only have Vita to focus on for a while, and by the time PS4 news picks up steam you'll hopefully have more writers, more experience and a more popular site. And if it releases at the end 2013... well that's a long time until you start having to review and preview titles etc. for it.

ivanpgcs said:
Wow!!! http://gematsu.com/2012/09/battle-7-vs-7-in-valhalla-nights-3

Female characters appear in the guild and in shops, and if you form an intimate relationship with them, it’s possible you’ll get “great service” from them.

Day one :)

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Runa216 said:
rutea7 said:
sooooooooooooooo... sigh, i need to put some money aside for ragnarok odyssey.

we can totally play together!  you're in Canada, right?  (not that it matters, but closer means less BS when trying to hook up online)

no runa, i'm in portugal. but yeah we can totally play together.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Should be Vita and PS4. You'll only have Vita to focus on for a while, and by the time PS4 news picks up steam you'll hopefully have more writers, more experience and a more popular site. And if it releases at the end 2013... well that's a long time until you start having to review and preview titles etc. for it.

This! There is a real lack of vita info on any websites at the moment so its filling a gap. However once people come for vita news its very likely they'll also be interested in ps4 stuff and by the time (possibly 2014 from the sounds of it) the site will have a good structure, writing style and hopefully bigger community. It might even be big enough to obtain review copies by then.

The fact that Vita has had so few retail releases, yet there is still very little in the way of reviews for New Little Kings Story FIFA 13 etc on Vita shows just how little attention the system is receiving from mainstream gaming sites.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

You people are over thinking the site name. As long as the word Vita (or PS Vita) is in the domain name, then its all good. People will visit the site for Vita related news and games since its the primary reason for searching Vita.

In the long term, other platforms/consoles can and will be added but the main priority is getting it off the ground. So focusing on the Vita, as someone mentioned (I think it was Chark, was it chark? hmmm...anyways), is the best course of action.

Once the site gets running, it will be easy to add stuff. Remember, a lot of sites started out just focusing on one thing and expanding. A good example would be snesorama (is this site still alive?). Its obviously for the snes but back then when I visited that site, it has stuff for ps consoles and sega consoles etc etc.

First order of business is to finalize the name. We should give MUGEN a break and just choose alread. We have a short list, lets just go with whats in it. Also, when search engines searches the entire site not just the name. I'm not really sure how it works, but as I understand it, getting listed higher or first on searches has something to do with links pointing to the site. So, name shname lets choose already, get the top 2 or 3 and lets vote on those till Wednesday and thats it.

@Mugen and Mmmmfishtacco

I have zero coding skills and zero artistic skills but If there's anything I can do to help can lend a hand. (just not financially coz I haz no money)

I'd say I could review stuff but I suck at writing I could probably learn but I'm too lazy, or maybe Runa can give me some tips and such.

Anyways, anything I can help out with, dont hesitate to ask.

Question: Can I use my PSN account on two different Vitas? My son has taken a liking to my Vita and I'm planning on saving up to get a second Vita and give my current one to him.

We'll most likely be playing at the same time so will there be an issue? Will I have to disable the wifi on one?

As far as I know, you can only put your PSN ID on one System at a time.

Anybody looking for New Little King's Story, Grainger Games are selling it for £29.99 which is £5.00 cheaper than the PSN price. Amazon don't actually have it at the moment, there is just a 3rd party seller asking for £49.99. Looks like it could be a very limited run as a physical release.

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps-vita/vt39-little-kings-story

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.