By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
kurasakiichimaru said:
I feel like Sony isn't doing everything in their power to promote Vita.

it's coming end of February :D and they just released trailers for all the main launch titles. over in Japan they have commercials etc going already..and other promotions like a special 3g plan for vita users for a cheaper price etc etc

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Here is the first complete stage of SumiOni..looks amazing or what?

That looks amazing!

But by " first complete stage" do you mean that that was the first stage? The whole first stage? Isn't that a bit... short?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Here is the first complete stage of SumiOni..looks amazing or what?

That looks amazing!

But by " first complete stage" do you mean that that was the first stage? The whole first stage? Isn't that a bit... short?

not too sure tbh :S it said it was the first stage so it could be the whole thing or part of it...but my guess would be it's the whole thing. and I think it's short cuz it's the first battle..chances are this is more like tutorial level ..and I mean imagine if THIS is the first level...so much going on the screen :D can't wait to see what the game has later on

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Seems like most games are ones that were already done better on consoles, hard to get excited about another Uncharted or LittleBigPlanet when I have a superior PS3 version. Also all the motion controls seem like useless add-ons - reminds me of the way SixAxis was thrown into a bunch of early PS3 games - doesn't really add much, its just there for the sake of it. Except this seems way more invasive that it could ruin some games for me (like does Hot Shots really need touch controls?).

Aj_habfan said:
Seems like most games are ones that were already done better on consoles, hard to get excited about another Uncharted or LittleBigPlanet when I have a superior PS3 version. Also all the motion controls seem like useless add-ons - reminds me of the way SixAxis was thrown into a bunch of early PS3 games - doesn't really add much, its just there for the sake of it. Except this seems way more invasive that it could ruin some games for me (like does Hot Shots really need touch controls?).

few things

1. those are new games, you do not get to experience them on the ps3

2. taking LBP Vita for example, it's a game made ground up for the PSV. it makes use of the touch controls and track pad real well and in include gameplay not found on the ps3 versions

3. if you think most of the games are like that you need to look at the line up again. don't let the 'name' fool you because even known IPs have been made so that adapts to a handheld game

4. it simply sound like handheld gaming isn't for you or you lack experience with it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:

It's from both of the world. We are getting some really cool new IPs + some already strong IPs(That is needed to sell a system) .Motion controls is still an OPTION so that people have more ways to play games. Some prefare buttons and som want touch. No one is forcing you to play with the new controls as you can still play with buttons.

And I think LBP is a game that will play alot better on the psvita then the ps3.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

these PSV are looking amazing, i can't wait for it to come out in the UK :D

and again, thank you Mugen for updating the thread so often and with such high quality :)

my pleasure man :D and can't do it without everyone doing such great jobs by contributing to this thread with opinions and new info

btw guys over this weekend I'm gonna make a new OP, so apologize if it looks weird at some point or the other. I have another small idea regarding the psv that I might do soon ;) I'll post it/them here

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Aj_habfan said:

few things

1. those are new games, you do not get to experience them on the ps3

2. taking LBP Vita for example, it's a game made ground up for the PSV. it makes use of the touch controls and track pad real well and in include gameplay not found on the ps3 versions

3. if you think most of the games are like that you need to look at the line up again. don't let the 'name' fool you because even known IPs have been made so that adapts to a handheld game

4. it simply sound like handheld gaming isn't for you or you lack experience with it

It just doesn't look fun to me. I saw the LBP videos and all the touch screen additions just don't add anything. Same with Uncharted. Tiliting the screen to help you jump? It's gimmicky, like in the first Uncharted on PS3 using the Sixaxis to balance on logs and help throw grenades. 

I have around 40 PSP games which I still play and love the system despite it's lack of success, and I'll give Sony credit for trying something different but I can't see this handheld faring any better. The main complaints I always heard were that PSP games were essentially slighty uglier PS2 ports that added nothing to the experience. Now these look like slighty uglier PS3 ports that add nothing to the experience except for motion controls that seem gimmicky to me.

Maybe if it's just me though, maybe people will love all the touch screen additions and it will be a huge success, but from my eyes it just doesn't work. 

pezus said:
Oh and did I miss the announcement or something? Didn't know Type-0 was coming to the Vita

I don't think Type-0 got announced for Vita, it was just announced that you could use the second analog stick on the vita in Type-0

link: http://www.shacknews.com/article/71522/final-fantasy-type-supports-vita-right-analog-stick