By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BF3 counters MW3 Elite

" featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!"

link 

I guess we all kinda figured BF3 would try to 1 up MW3. Looking forward to this tho.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

BF3 is looking to be a truly great looking game.  However, I'm still wondering how it will actually be better than Bad Company 2 in terms of gameplay and graphics (360/PS3 version).

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

These features should be free anyway.  I've had these features since 2007 on Halo 3 and continued on with Gears of War 2 and Halo Reach.

You know, all this stuff is free in MW3 as well, like stat tracking, groups, etc. The premium members are gonna get free map packs, some kind of web series and guides to play the game, sort of like a strategy guide, but more in depth. But really, how many of us buy strategy guides?

Anyway, the point is that its been confirmed that Elite members will get no in game bonuses, so in that sense it really doesn't matter because the core experience will still be the same, and they won't be cutting features out of the game to give to premium members. Activision either just f**ked up majorly while conveying the message, or they just got scared by the reception and made it free, I think its the former.

As for BF3 doing something similar, it can only be good news for the BF3 fans. Although COD doesn't seem to care about what BF3 is doing, BF3 sure as hell is fixated to make themselves better in all aspects.

UltimateUnknown said:

You know, all this stuff is free in MW3 as well, like stat tracking, groups, etc. The premium members are gonna get free map packs, some kind of web series and guides to play the game, sort of like a strategy guide, but more in depth. But really, how many of us buy strategy guides?

Anyway, the point is that its been confirmed that Elite members will get no in game bonuses, so in that sense it really doesn't matter because the core experience will still be the same, and they won't be cutting features out of the game to give to premium members. Activision either just f**ked up majorly while conveying the message, or they just got scared by the reception and made it free, I think its the former.

As for BF3 doing something similar, it can only be good news for the BF3 fans. Although COD doesn't seem to care about what BF3 is doing, BF3 sure as hell is fixated to make themselves better in all aspects.

agree with activision getting scared and makin it free. I find the name calling BF3 is doing to MW3 is a little silly. If you have a better product then act like it. Im sure if by some crazy twist of fate...BF3 has higher preorders hen MW3 then we'll see activision  fight back.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:

You know, all this stuff is free in MW3 as well, like stat tracking, groups, etc. The premium members are gonna get free map packs

Not free when they are paying for? 

Anyways Facebook intergration and social features must be the new multiplayer craze that an whole heap of developers have all single mindley fought of, Beachhead, Dice, Naughty Dog, yes Uncharted 2 is having all the stuff offered in Elite but has another bonus Split screen mutliplayer with DUAL LOGINS!!!!

nice job naughty dog. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong