By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Hardware sales for week 51 overestimated in France ?

So I live in France and I am following hardware sales on vgchartz and by chacking in stores since Wii launch. Wii defenitely outsells every other system in France since its launch...except last week. In fact France and Europe received great shipments from Nintendo but the system is COMPLETELY sold out in France since the 16th of December.  No store (Paris, Toulouse, Marseille etc..) had any  Wii in stock. New stocks will arrive in January. In fact a lot of stores ask people to reserve their system to get one in January. The same story is true for Great Britain in my opinion. So I think Wii sold nearly nothing last week in France due to important shortages...

Anyway, Wii is very popular here but XBOX360 and PS3 outsold the Wii last Week in France : Most store clerks told by were selling XBOX360 and PS3 systems but no Wii cause they didn't have any...but people were always asking for it...

Perhaps a correction on the website is necessary ?

Beside that this website is great ! 

Around the Network

Didn't we say that the next guy who'd complain about the numbers cuzz he thinks he knows it better without sources would get banned?...

THE NETHERLANDS

I agree with you, i live in France too, in Paris, and there are not wii, every where i go i never see a wii since 2/3 weeks...

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire

I can say the same thing
There is no wii in Saint-Etienne in France.

http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/high-tech/0,,3655615,00-wii-rupture-stock-france-.html

but canal+ said that Nintendo shippes 110 000 wii in France per week .
Canal+ is a French TV channel. I didn't find internet link that confirm what Canal+ said.

sorry my english is baaadd

dravenmanson said:
I agree with you, i live in France too, in Paris, and there are not wii, every where i go i never see a wii since 2/3 weeks...

I live in the US and I haven't seen a Wii in many months (like 10 or so)..does that mean none are selling in the US or that I wasn't there when they were sold?

Just saying.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

while it may be possible, it could be happening like it is here in UK, which is that on any shipment date. Wiis are available from about 9am when the shops open until 9:30am, even if no one knew when a shipment was due... so unless you have been going round shops early in the morning?

I'm french and I was in my supermarket yesterday and I saw only a lonely wiimote.

in france war console is over.

we are back in the 90' nintendo is king here.

you saw a Wiimote!!! why didn't you buy it? here in the UK you are more likely to see a Wii than a Wiimote.

In fact I asked to at least 20 stores in several areas like paris, marseille (south) and Nancy (east) : Not ONE store recieved any shipment of Wii during week 51 and as a result sales for wii should be null (no wiis, no sales). However demand is higher than demand for PS3 or XB360...

Thus IMO french hardware sales for week 51 are overestimated by vgchartz... 

Hello

Well, i have a very little videogames shop in Belgium, at 25km from Lille and we have received 3 wii this week.  We were very surprised but it proves there is still stock over here.  Of course, 30 min later, we didnt have them anymore...  But also, i have to say that one of the three we have sold was to a french couple who couldnt find one in Lille. (4th biggest city in France, i think).

Bye.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?