By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game -- Call of Duty: Black Ops

Since i wasnt a huge fan of Shooters, i had a hard time getting into MW2, and so i eventually did let it go. (sold it).

Why did i get black Ops? Friends kinda forced me to ^^, but this time, i was able to actually enjoy it.

The Multiplayer has blown me away. it isnt as tactical as other games, but its motivating, it has a lot of variety, and it is actually fun. (Sometimes frustrating, but thats how i define a total failure of mine. ^^)

The Story is kinda 'the same thing' as with many Online Shooters today, it simply is a free gift, and i didnt get further than scenario.. 3? because it lacks motivation.

The Online mode is, as i said, an amazing thing, with lots of customizability. Its simply fun, and the first ever to bound me into an shooter for more than 10 hours. (Its 40 .)

So yeah, my rating is 9.0.  (If id take the fact that activison is the publisher, the final number would be a 2.0, but i think Treyarch doesnt deserve that, theyve created a outstanding multiplayer experience, and thats what counts.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

Well, not much to say about it. One thing that surprised me was that the story was actually very good and interesting. Overall it's an enjoyable experience and one of my favourite FPS games (in both sp and mp).

Score: 9.2

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Considering I am still playing the game longer than any other COD it must be good. The game has less camping better balance and makes me come back. The campaign had a good story while still feeling like every other COD. But I don't care I go straight to the multiplayer with almost every 1st person shooter now a days.

A 8.7 for me only because the graphics still lag behind and the lack of change make it below phenominal.

Ill be generous and give it a 6.0,

Pro- actually had a story mode, with a story that required SOME thought.

multiplayer actually had some balancing this time around, stopping power and extra health removed(actually can't remember if that one was removed)

Cons - Same exact game as 2 years ago and 3 years ago and 4 years ago.

game is buggy and laggy like its always been and no signs of trying to fix it

hit detection is still garbage

NOOB FUCKING FRIENDLY

graphics were actually downgraded and framerates were less stable from mw2 but im sure treyarch doesnt give a shit

ak74u and famas are overpowered and again a problem since cod4 because noone at treyarch or IW give a shit about balancing

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Haven't really played it at all besides Nazi Zombies, so I won't rate it.

Nazi Zombies is hella fun, though.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

If I write a 3000 word review and end up giving it a 1 but admit I've never played the game will my review still count?

Not now that you told us:

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it (playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game)

Rules state that you should at least play it 6 minutes.

trasharmdsister12 said:
non-gravity said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

If I write a 3000 word review and end up giving it a 1 but admit I've never played the game will my review still count?

Not now that you told us:

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it (playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game)

Rules state that you should at least play it 6 minutes.

Will playing the demo for 6 minutes suffice?

Lol no xD

This is funny how so few of the people on here play such a popular game. If you have an open mind it is actually pretty fun and that is what matters.

Vgchartz score -- 8.15

GamrReview score -- 8.7

Highest was 9.3, lowest was 6

yo_john117--9.2

Boutros--9.1

CGI-Quality--9

radiantshadow92--8

Saruk--9

ethomaz--9.3

BenVTrigger--8.7

non-gravity--6

Shorty11857--8.3

thranx--8

Crystalchild--9

snfr--9.2

chocoloco--8.7

Chroniczaaa--6

KylieDog--7

leatherhat--6

124.5/16 = 8.15

trasharmdsister12 said:
yo_john117 said:

Vgchartz score -- 8.30

GamrReview score -- 8.7

Highest was 9.3, lowest was 6

yo_john117--9.2

Boutros--9.1

CGI-Quality--9

radiantshadow92--8

Saruk--9

ethomaz--9.3

BenVTrigger--8.7

non-gravity--6

Shorty11857--8.3

thranx--8

Crystalchild--9

snfr--9.2

chocoloco--8.7

Chroniczaaa--6

KylieDog--7

124.5/15 = 8.30

It's over already? That didn't feel like 3 days... I got 8.271429.

My god I just realized its only been 2 days...what happened? 0_o

And I still got 8.3 with my second count.  If any more scores come within the next day I will count them.