By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - L.A. Noire was once a six disc game

L.A. Noire on Xbox 360 covers a whopping three game discs, but according to Team Bondi writer and director Brendan McNamara, the count could have been "four or five or six".

"We've always been called stupidly ambitious," McNamara told Gamespot in a video interview. "Along with Rockstar we make very big games."

"It took a lot of effort to get down to three discs - I think we were on four or five or six at one point - and to get it onto one Blu-ray [for the PS3 version].

"We're pretty pleased that we got it down to that in the end," he went on, attributing the feat to "miraculous compression".

"It's the biggest map that we've done and that Rockstar have done, so there's a lot of detail in there, and also a lot of actor's performances, 21 hours worth."

Last week, McNamara revealed that "two full desks" or mission sets had been cut from L.A. Noire during development, and might be published separately as downloadable content.

This morning, a Best Buy offer outed the first of the game's DLC packs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well this sucks, hopefully the DLC chapters are cheap

Around the Network

IMO it's a bit ridiculous when DLC starts getting distributed as soon as the game is out.

edit - why is this in the Sony forum?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Already posted

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128739

Not only was this already posted, but it was made in the wrong section.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o