By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360s Owner Here, Any Advice?

Just wondering if anybody has any tips or advice on how to take optimal care of the console and the games?

Thank You

Around the Network

Keep the console horizontal, unplug when your done with it, and always clean off the dust. Seems to have worked very well for me so far.

Don't put it in a oven, or a pool. Can't say much more than that 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Wagram said:

Keep the console horizontal, unplug when your done with it, and always clean off the dust. Seems to have worked very well for me so far.

Thanks

Pjams said:
Wagram said:

Thanks

One console orientation over the other is an urban legend, for proof just create a thread on any forum and ask which direction the console should be.

Cleaning off dust can never hurt at all and you should keep a can of air handy (give it a nice dusting once a month and you're ahead of the curve) but there's no need to unplug it unless you're just wanting to be a penny pincher.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Pjams said:
Wagram said:

Thanks

One console orientation over the other is an urban legend, for proof just create a thread on any forum and ask which direction the console should be.

Cleaning off dust can never hurt at all and you should keep a can of air handy (give it a nice dusting once a month and you're ahead of the curve) but there's no need to unplug it unless you're just wanting to be a penny pincher.

Should I remove the disc from the tray when I'm not playing or can I leave it in. I got the 250gb so I've downloaded all the games I got to the HDD.

twesterm said:
Pjams said:
Wagram said:

Thanks

I don't know what you're talking about but I told him to keep it horizontal to decrease the chance of getting a scratched disk.

• Dust it off once in a while.
  • Install your games to the harddrive.
  • Don't be cheap, and buy a gold subscription.
  • Look around for some advice on the best games.
  • Console orientation doesn't really matter, despite what people say, thought it wouldn't try any tricks to put it on a 45 degree angle or something :p
  • Don't move it while a disc is spinning inside it!
  • Use your own common sense, and you'll never regret having bought the console. :)

kowenicki said:
    Pjams said:
    twesterm said:
    Pjams said:
    Wagram said:

Thanks

Should I remove the disc from the tray when I'm not playing or can I leave it in. I got the 250gb so I've downloaded all the games I got to the HDD.

Take no notice of the nonsense posted so far is my best advice.

If you have a new model then treat it as you would any other console... zero issues of any kind.

?

Pjams said:
    twesterm said:
    Pjams said:
    Wagram said:

Thanks

it might be an idea, if its in a position were it can be knocked then yes, 360 disc scratching is common, so I'd recommend it, but your never supposed to leaves discs in anything anyway (I can't remember why though :P)

if you can, keep the console horizontal, but either way is fine, horizontal consoles don't cover one of the vents and its less likely to scratch disks

dusting is advised, but just dust them as part of your regular routine, no need to go out of your way