By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: PS3 over 50m units sold and 8m MOVE units sold.

mantlepiecek said:
atma998 said:
mantlepiecek said:
atma998 said:

First of all there are near 56 million PS2 sold in America and ''only'' 7M GT3 sold, so stop claiming GT3 was bundled with every PS2 for a long time. It doesnt make any sense. We're not talking about a Wii Sports type of bundling here.

Second of all, again, you ignored my whole point of a first iteration of an established franchise on new HW while comparing GT5 to previous titles.

Finally, to all those blinded fans who claims the game is sure to reach 10 million...eh I've got some news for you...We're not even sure if a game like Just Dance 2 which sold way more unit each week and has become way more popular than GT will reach that milestone so I don't see why we should now assume GT5 will reach 10M. Especially when we see that GT5 doesnt make the top 40 anymore and is selling less than 10k/week in America.

Why should we compare GT5 to GT3 ?
First iteration...so what? LMAO.

The popularity of a game is not changed by a console, however it does change by time. And as such comparing GT5 to its nearest predecessor is the best comparison in knowing how much the popularity has increased/decreased.

If we were to compare sales of Halo reach...what were we to compare it to? Halo 2 because its the second Halo on the 360 so compare it to the second Halo on the xbox or Halo 3 the one preceding it?

Obviously Halo 3.

So stfu.

Obviously you don't know a lot about how video game sales trends are working. The first iteration concept is well known among video game sales analyst.

Why do you think there is such a difference between established franchise iterations like FFX and FFXII, GT3 and GT4, Halo 3 and Halo Reach, MGS2 and MGS3, and so on? Do some research and you will find out that this concept is the rule, not the exception as the list can be very long.

So LMAO and stfu all you want but it's still a reality, kid.

What?

What differences are there between Halo 3 and Halo Reach? Halo Reach is selling similarly to Halo 3. There will always be some differences, but overall they are more or less the same.

As everyone in the whole thread has pretty much told you, GT 3 was heavily bundled in America. Its the only game that has sold extremely high every other GT games has sold around 10-11 million.

Why are you being blind to this clear fact? Its not as heavily bundled as Wii sports, but it was heavily bundled for a set period of time.

Forza was also heavily bundled and it did something like 3-4 million didn't it? But that was because it was bundled for a set period of time.

You need to do your research kid. And according to VGchartz MGS2 and MGS4 have sold the same, with only 300,000 difference between them. That is less than 10%, and can be considered as statistical tie.

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2)
Sony Computer Entertainment, Racer
7.14 1.89 5.86 14.89
Gran Turismo (PS)
3.99 2.55 4.31 10.85
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
2.85 1.26 6.50 10.61
Gran Turismo 2 (PS)
3.96 1.71 3.70 9.37
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
1.69 0.61 3.82 6.12

Look at this chart. All gran turismo's doing around 9.37-10.85. Except for GT3 and GT 5 because GT 5 is just released and GT 3 was heavily bundled.

If GT 5 does 10 million than its doing the norm for a gran turismo game.

Funnily enough if you include Gran turismo prologue the demo's sales into GT 5 sales because obviously its the demo its the same thing, it would equal 10.12 million. Well on its way to 14 million.

If you don't include the prologue, then it would mean this is the second gran turismo game this gen....and then you would have to compare it to GT 4....

Well if you don't recognize the whole concept of the first iteration, then I don't see why I should continue this discussion with you. If you want to talk about MGS4 performance then the data shows it perfomed decently, not too bad, not too good, compared to MGS2.

As for GT5, if we just put the America bundles aside we can easily see that it did horrible in Japan, poor in America and decent in EMEAA, considering that GT4 has not been released during Christmas time like GT5. So overall GT5 didnt do so well. Yeah Christmas time...another factor that fans will completely ignore just to prove their point. But since you don't recognize the first iteration concept I suppose you won't either recognize that games generally sells way more during that time.

So in the end you can continue with your spinning (including Prologue sales to GT5 lol come on!) or just try to analyze the full thing without any bias.

Enjoy!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
atma998 said:

Obviously you don't know a lot about how video game sales trends are working. The first iteration concept is well known among video game sales analyst.

Why do you think there is such a difference between established franchise iterations like FFX and FFXII, GT3 and GT4, Halo 3 and Halo Reach, MGS2 and MGS3, and so on? Do some research and you will find out that this concept is the rule, not the exception as the list can be very long.

So LMAO and stfu all you want but it's still a reality, kid.

Without the proper data, it's hard to judge GT3, or how GT5 is performing alongside it. We only have one region of full data and WW totals. All that can be made from that - GT3 was bundled far more than any other GT, mainly in the Americas. Unless GT5 undergoes similar treatment, comparing it to GT3 is meaningless.

So while agree with what your saying about first console iterations, in GT3 vs GT5's case, that's an exception. All we have to go on is GT4.

Thanks CGI for at least recognized the first iteration concept. After all, I'm not the one who created it, it's only common knowledge for any serious analyst.

That said,it's also true that GT3 bundles helped it in Americas but like I said to mantlepiecek there is another factor that leads me to believe GT5 performance isnt that great at all and that should not be ignored while analyzing GT5 sales.

atma998 said:

Well if you don't recognize the whole concept of the first iteration, then I don't see why I should continue this discussion with you. If you want to talk about MGS4 performance then the data shows it perfomed decently, not too bad, not too good, compared to MGS2.

As for GT5, if we just put the America bundles aside we can easily see that it did horrible in Japan, poor in America and decent in EMEAA, considering that GT4 has not been released during Christmas time like GT5. So overall GT5 didnt do so well. Yeah Christmas time...another factor that fans will completely ignore just to prove their point. But since you don't recognize the first iteration concept I suppose you won't either recognize that games generally sells way more during that time.

So in the end you can continue with your spinning (including Prologue sales to GT5 lol come on!) or just try to analyze the full thing without any bias.

Enjoy!

No I don't recognize the concept for the first iteration thing. I accept that. I do understand the that games get a boost during holidays and GT 4 wasn't released during a holiday season.

But that's just an advantage for GT 5. Eventually GT 5 is going to have another holiday season as well this year, and the bundling etc will obviously give it a boost.