By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Yojimbo said:
Xbox360 is not a FPS console it has Viva Pinata.

And Guitar Hero 2, Viva Piniata, Condemned, Oblivian... Oh yeah, and most if it's big games are actually third person shooters. And yes, that's different. Quite different. Gears of War, Lost Planet, Crackdown, Saints Row. Those aren't FPS's.

So far there are reasons for every console to appeal to everyone (yes, even the PS3). And the Wii has tons of games that appeal to everyone. Including the Nintendo first party titles. Just because Mario isn't mowing down hookers with an AK doesn't mean he won't be bought played and loved by tons of older gamers.

Anyways. While it's still early, It looks like RE: UC is going to be quite a game.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:

I feel that the pointer removes the difficulty from the game tho. RE4 would be a walk in the park with a pointer. If you could always hit them in the head with every shot... It would be easy... (I normally hit things in the head anyways in RE4)

A game shouldn't be difficult because of the controls, it should challenge you to think quickly on your toes and outwit your opponents.  If the main source of difficulty is the controller, and that would be removed with a pointer, well that says a lot about the usefulness of the Wiimote, doesn't it.

Wii is for Kids! -- Which is the exact reason why Nintendo hosted an AARP meeting last year....

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

why kids can't play bloooooody games??? I grew up killing zombies and wathching terror movies... so much that now I think it is complete normal in games and I realy dont care if the game have blood or not... I'm just praying to have a WII Shadown of Rome cuz is the better game ever for me, and for all my brothers friends (all about 8 years...).

The adults who buy Wiis are going to be of the more casual gamer type, as well as the non-gamer Nintendo talks about, and I wondar how they'll respond to games like Manhunt 2, Scarface, Godfather, and so on. I know Resident Evil will sell well on the Wii because it was the only M rated franchise to really do well on the GameCube. Manhunt however is so extreme that it's much more of a niche market. I think if they really implement killing moves with the Wiimote that it will definetly garner interest, and controversy, but whether that will translate to solid sales depends on how Wii owning adult, and older teenagers, respond to it.

Around the Network

The funny thing is that more kids will probably buy the Wii because of these games.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
The funny thing is that more kids will probably buy the Wii because of these games.

You think the Big N is taking marketing strategies from the tobacco companies?

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Those games look nice. Especially the Resident Evil game. Beautiful. I will definately get that game. I like rail games and thought the Wii would be the best console for such a game.

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
mancandy said:

You think the Big N is taking marketing strategies from the tobacco companies?

Maybe, I don't see why all companies wouldn't. Tobacco companies are brilliant marketers, unethical maybe, but brilliant.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I don't know if the Wii is for kids, I bought mine a couple of months ago and I play with my wife ocasionally, what I know is that if there is a M rated game on 360 and Wii I'll get the 360 one, on the other hand I'll buy the "kids" games on the Wii.

I prefer my 360 over the Wii, and this is because there are no Wii games, the only one that is good is Wii Sports. In the  future with mario galaxy, etc. it's going to get better.

Right now I play 90% of the time 360 and 10% Wii