By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Behold This Crysis 2: PC Vs. Xbox 360 Side By Side Video Comparison

Ripten

Yes, I am well aware that the PC version of Crysis 2 is undoubtedly the superior one visually. However, when you put the two platforms side by side, it’s very interesting to see how the 360 version stacks up. I’ve played Crysis 2 on 360 and I was very impressed. However, I’ll still be getting the PC version. ^__^

http://www.ripten.com/2011/03/09/behold-this-crysis-2-pc-vs-xbox-360-side-by-side-video-comparison/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gj6fgnMvQw&feature=player_embedded

Around the Network

They're both the same version.

mendozahotness said:

They're both the same version.

no they aren't, you can clearly see that the PC visuals are easily 10 times that of the 360's. But thats also because gaming PCs are stronger then 360s.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Considering that the PC version is a port..

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:

doesnt matter, I can force higher levels of AA, and many other correction options on PC that the 360 cant handled. Plus PC can take things a way higher resolution.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
leatherhat said:

doesnt matter, I can force higher levels of AA, and many other correction options on PC that the 360 cant handled. Plus PC can take things a way higher resolution.

The point I'm trying to make is that it looks better, but it should look SIGINIFICANTLY better if crytek didn't half ass it

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

whoa, you're right - that's the demo on max settings and the only diff is da light ray effect

mendozahotness said:

whoa, you're right - that's the demo on max settings and the only diff is da light ray effect

not at all... there are some massive texture improvements. Pay attention to the water tank towards the end, walls, lettering on walls, amount of jaggies in the scene.

leatherhat said:
ssj12 said:
leatherhat said:

The point I'm trying to make is that it looks better, but it should look SIGINIFICANTLY better if crytek didn't half ass it

ya, demo felt horrid. Not a purchase for me till I see it for $10, ie Steam sale this holiday.

leatherhat said:

I think you're right. I saw a "press start to continue" and a "adjust your TV settings" in the PC multiplayer demo. There's also this rumour that the PC version will be shipped with only DX9 support and that DX11 will be patched at a later date. Lots of PC fans at neogaf are angry and cancelled their preorders, LOL.

Also, the demo won't let you adjust any settings. Just resolution, VSynch and choose between Gamer, Advanced or Hardcore graphics. No AA options, no anisotropic filtering options, no character textures options, no motion blur options, etc xD

Some of them are even mad because they can run it on 1920x1080 at 60 FPS in hardcore settings, lol. They say they wanted it to push their PCs like the first Crysis did.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P