By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii (and NDS?) completely sold out in UK!

What's up guys..

It might not be much news, but yesterday i talked to a English captain that was flying to Germany, and he told me while he was there, he was going to buy a Wii and a NDS 'cause he couldn't find one in the UK.
Well today, I talked to another English captain in Amsterdam (I work in aviation that's why I see these guys), and he had just bought 3 Nintendo Wii's in Amsterdam and he also said that he had to buy them here 'cause he couldn't find any in the UK too!

Besides that, a Dutch friend of mine here in the Netherlands is still waiting on a copy of Mario Galaxy he ordered almost 3 weeks ago at a shop in Amsterdam!

We already knew that the Wii is hot, but it actually REALLY is! :)
The decreased sales in the US this week must have to do with shortages there too.

Well I just wanted to share this with you.. :)

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Wow... lol.. Nintendo was SOO confident they made enough DS's and they still ran out... Man Nintendo just has it sooooo ruff ; )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I have seen 3 Wiis, and 1 Wii remote the last few times i have been shopping.

Last Saturday in CeX there was a second hand wii without Wii sports going for £250, and also a remote in the same store for £35.... I went in a number of other games/electronics stores that day and found nothing.

On Monday I went to a different city and a shopping centre and found a total of 2 Wii in a GAME store, though they had bundled 3 godawful games with it and were selling it for £270.
In fact, when i went up to the Wii section, two women were talking to an assistant and seemed to want them both... I don't know whether they bought both but i would guess at least one went.

DS wise i have seen a few around, but they are scarce.

I am going into Leeds tomorrow (looks at time).. oh wait, today, i will see what I can find.

I'm in Leeds right now actually.. :)

''Hadouken!''

I have never seen a wii in London - at anytime, but I am not looking that hard, everytime I do check to see if I can get one they are always sold out. As for the DS, there were plenty about a couple weeks back. Today I checked a few stores (as my younger brother just now decided he wants one for christmas) and couldn't get one. Some of the stores said there are still some left in their regional stores and they can get one sent to London for me if I order it.

Around the Network
Ajax said:
I'm in Leeds right now actually.. :)

cool, what do you do? (live there, work there, study there, drink there?)

edit: wait, from the OP you seem to live in the Netherlands... either there is a Leeds there too or this aviation job of yours enables you to travel. (what do you do in aviation?)

well i sure drink there.. :)
but i'm actually a pilot myself TWRoO,
i'll fly back tomorrow to Amsterdam and then i'll be off to Norway,
I might check some stores for fun to see how Nintendo is doing in Scandinavia.. not that that's somethings I do often (check strores), but hell, why not this time..

''Hadouken!''

wow cool... i kind of dismissed pilot because usually if people say "in aviation" they mean something other than pilot.

very appropriate avatar.

In Portugal, I saw 40 Wiis in a single store today :D (and an equivalent number of PS3s, they were well stocked too).

However, it should be said that at that store there are always more people playing on the Wii demo station than on the PS3 one, which I found surprising considering the foothold that Sony has in terms of sales here.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well I've actually been flying with these captains I'm talking about, and one of them had those three Wii stored in the cockpit!!.. lol..
And those guys don't know much about gaming of course, they're like quite older then I'm am, so there is no sense in starting a discussion about gaming with them, they just buy them for their children or cousins or some other people, but I still thought.. ''hmm.. I wish I had a Wii..''..
but I'm waiting till Mario Kart comes out..

and yes, Captain Highwind is my main man!

''Hadouken!''