By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Attach Rate Better Than X360 for Million sellers

Ok this took like 2 seconds of Analysis, but here it is.

The Wii has half as many million seller but the total amout sold for the Wii million sellers is 44m to the 360's 54m... ok that was simple, but consider that the Wii has been out for a year less and its top sellers are doing so much better than the 360's makes me wonder a little.

I am gonna throw this in for you WiiSports bashers since I know you are coming. Wii sports has gone platinum twice in Japan w/ bundle- I beleive that it would have sold 9-10 million by itself. so take of the 5 million if you want... but I will take of the around 3-4 million 360 has added with MUA, and Forza. Still the Wii's best seller attach rate is way better than 360's

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Attach rate has nothing to do with how many games sold. It has everything to do with how many a game sold relative to how many systems they sold. Last time I looked, which was a click away ago, the Wii sold more systems than the Xbox 360. Again, attach rates have everything to do with how many games a system sold relative to how many systems they sold. The Wii then SHOULD have sold more games, not less. But however, you can argue that the Wii sold more games in year one than Xbox 360 did in year one, but that has nothing to do with attach rates.

I really get annoyed when people dismiss the fact that 360 has been out for a year longer. DEAL WITH IT.

the 360 software attach rate is higher. period.

I did not dismiss the fact that the 360 has been out a year longer... I used that against it. It not like I compared the 360 mediocre 1st year to the Wii record setting first year... it was 2 to 1

psn- tokila

Despite your attempts to temper the effects of Wii Sports, I still think it (and Wii Play) have a distorting effect on a sample this small.

That doesn't mean they should necessarily be left out, just that realistic, helpful calculations aren't possible in an environment that's so disrupted by Wii Sports/Play. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Despite your attempts to temper the effects of Wii Sports, I still think it (and Wii Play) have a distorting effect on a sample this small.

That doesn't mean they should necessarily be left out, just that realistic, helpful calculations aren't possible in an environment that's so disrupted by Wii Sports/Play. 

Well Ninty is going for a disruptive stategy : P

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Okay if you cut them both in half the attach rate is better... then it is like 33 to 54 with half as many million sellers.

psn- tokila

I dont really know what your talking about. What are you comparing with attach rates? For the Wii with 17 million units they sold 35 million games and the Xbox 360 with 15 million units sold 55 million games. Attach rate for the Xbox 360 is clearly higher. Attach rates is relative to how many games sold to how many systems sold. Not how many games sold in one year.