By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has blocked PS3 DNS Hack

Up until now users that have hacked their PS3 video game console have been able to do it through several methods and have been successful at doing so. Today, at around 6:00 pm Sony has given another blow to the hacker community by blocking access to the Playstation network through DNS or Proxy hacks.

About 6 hours ago, the main IP address that was being used as a proxy server to get access to the Playstation Network while still using firmware version 3.55 was working, however, the hacking community right now can confirm that the DNS does not work any more, and that another well known hack using Proxy on the connection settings has been disabled as well.

This is all part of Sony's campaign to discourage users of the PS3 from hacking the system. So far in the last couple of weeks Sony has been very proactive on stopping any resources on the internet that provide users with information or software that allows any type of hacking to their system. Also Sony has been working on the legal front by getting any developer that might have been involved in breaking the PS3's security into legal trouble.

Be it as it may, like it or not, Sony has so far been very successful at controlling the consequences of the PS3 being hacked. There is no doubt in my mind that we will soon enough hear from the hacking community either through angry forum posts all over the internet, or through a new developed method to connect hacked systems to the Playstation Network.

http://www.kickarss.com/sony-playstation/ps3-news/188-sony-has-blocked-ps3-dns-hack

Around the Network

I'm surprised they left it work for so long. Didn't we already have DNS and proxy hacks last April when they removed Linux, and those hacks stopped working at some point iirc.

I'm not with Sony when it comes to their lawsuits, but the PSN is a service so hacked units users should fully expect not to be able to log in and maybe get their console banned, depending on how Sony decide to handle it.

Good for Sony.

I support their region free policy and I love non paid PSN to download demos and all. There are really no excuses to hacking your console but being cheap and not caring at all for developers sake.

Hmm Sony is late to the ball as usual these days. Hackers fully expected this to happen but....a lot earlier. As of now they have a couple new things in the works and probably won't be long before we hear that a new ultra hack is out.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

yanamaster said:

Hmm Sony is late to the ball as usual these days. Hackers fully expected this to happen but....a lot earlier. As of now they have a couple new things in the works and probably won't be long before we hear that a new ultra hack is out.

Hey they still do better than everyone else.

Around the Network

Did hackers already crack 3.56? Because i remember they said that from now on every update will be cracked unless Sony does hardware revision.

Vashyo said:

"here layed comic"

Good one!

Quiestion: how come I can see Dragon Age 2 on your Trophy list? can you customize it?

shanbcn said:

Did hackers already crack 3.56? Because i remember they said that from now on every update will be cracked unless Sony does hardware revision.

I don't think so. Sony put something into the firmware that has been having hackers scarmble for awhile now. I'm not positive but I think it was a new root key.

NYANKS said:
yanamaster said:

Hey they still do better than everyone else.

They certainly have, they have gotten further than any company against geo hotz and other hackers, i have full confidence that Sony will win this