By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Am Alive Struggles For Life In The Downloadable World

I Am Alive Struggles For Life In The Downloadable World

As much as we want the project to yell, "I am alive," the lack of news or updates is a little disturbing.

And it may be concerning for the publisher, too. According to a European source, GameZin, Ubisoft seems to think the developers aren't quite progressing as planned for their original title, I Am Alive. Unveiled back in 2008, we never got more than a few screenshots, a brief teaser trailer, and baseline information. Now, although the translation is rough, it appears designer Jade Raymond told Jeuxvideo that Ubisoft "doesn't have much of a degree of confidence," and has therefore relegated the project to the digital realm. That's right; I Am Alive might show up as a downloadable title on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live service. If you had forgotten, the game is supposed to be about survival in a city that has suffered (and continues to suffer) some catastrophe. In other words, life necessities like water are at a premium, and you may have to recruit others to assist you.

It reminded us of Disaster Report at the time and we were encouraged. But this sort of news has us worried, although we know downloadable games can be pretty impressive these days; the game should be out this year, if the source is correct. We'll keep you updated.

1/31/2011 10:22:45 AM Ben Dutka

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/8498.html