By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2007 is now settled - will 2008 be any different?

Hey I just wanted to say that this week will be the Wii's first million+ week. It would of sold over a million earlier but this Christmas stockpile will help boost it past one million. I am thinking 1.3-1.5 million this week.

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
Take note Famine ;) you may be overlooking the really big title of 2008.

Grand Theft Auto 4. You can safely bet that GTA4 will outsell EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING.

I didn't mention that game because it's on both the 360 and PS3, although, I am curious as to how the game preforms on both consoles. It could move hardware for both consoles. Overall, I think sales will be favorable for the 360... in North America. Europe seems to be another story that could be benificial for the PS3.

I think 2008 is going to be the year when people find out what Wii demand really is. Nintendo may increase production a couple more times, and slowly find out that it's truly INFINITE. I'm guaranteeing 100 million Wiis sold by next Christmas.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Great post shams, interesting to see how 2008 will go.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Wii fit, SSBB, Mario Kart

Wii isn't going to come down in sales any time soon

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Rubang B said:
I think 2008 is going to be the year when people find out what Wii demand really is. Nintendo may increase production a couple more times, and slowly find out that it's truly INFINITE. I'm guaranteeing 100 million Wiis sold by next Christmas.

bb, u crazy az hell~ the Wii ain't gonna sell that much until christmas 2009 at the earliest-  <///3

J-whorage <333

100m is just silly - JL type of numbers :)

I'll still by my earlier prediction - around 2m/month, for 25m for the year. Total by end of '08 will be around 43m-45m - with almost 50m sold by March '09.

Of course this is completely dependent on manufacturing - which could go up or down significantly.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
100m is just silly - JL type of numbers :)

I'll still by my earlier prediction - around 2m/month, for 25m for the year. Total by end of '08 will be around 43m-45m - with almost 50m sold by March '09.

Of course this is completely dependent on manufacturing - which could go up or down significantly.

I think they'll get around 28 million manufactured next year, bring the total number of Wii's sold to around 45-48 million next year (still so;d out with massive demand, in fact increasing demand)

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I was just kidding in an attempt to draw attention to the fact that we still have no idea when the supply will meet up with the demand, IF EVER.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Rubang B said:
I was just kidding in an attempt to draw attention to the fact that we still have no idea when the supply will meet up with the demand, IF EVER.

I pity the fools who didn't realize that 100 million was a joke number. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!