By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 piracy soaring in my country!

I live in Venezuela. Suddenly PS3 pirated games sarted appearing everywhere, there are several ways people use to be able to play pirated games, like using an USB dongle with keys inside or installing some software on the HDD.

It appears that the HDD way also lets you play online...

Around the Network

Piracy is a huge problem in South America, my Brazillian friend used to pirate everything because PS2 games were too expensive!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

lol it hasn't happened in Mexico at that scale yet, maybe in a few months.

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.

Same thing happening here in Ecuador, its sad for the industry but Sony doesn't exist here, Nintendo has some presence.

I don't know anybody personally doing it in the States yet but i am sure they will soon.

Around the Network

i have not heard about it in australia but i see one of my firends using blackb0x on his ps3 but i am not really sure what it is.

I'm from Malaysia. Same thing also looks gonna happen here. At least 4-5 persons I know gonna buy PS3. PS3 sales will increase a alot and SW sales gonna drop sharply (which already low). X360 and Wii might drop. Sony had better reputation than Nintendo and Microsoft here probably because of PS2 and PSP success.

You search you will fine 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

I'm pretty sure the Middle East will follow suite. I mean, hell, Xbox 360 and Wii piracy is rampant as it is here.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

hah, the high success of Xbox360 in Mexico is because of piracy, so it's likely for ps3 to increase its sales here, maybe double them since sales for ps3 in Mexico are really low.

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.