By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake DLC Question

So, I played Alan Wake on a friends 360 before I got one myself, and I thought it was pretty good but not amazing.  It felt a little too Western Thriller vs Silent Hill Japanese freaky horror for me.

But... I did like it overall and it's pretty cheap now and I do tend to lean more to SP titles than MP titles... so, is the DLC good enough to warrant a cheap purchase and quick re-play?  I liked the core background story, and if the DLC expands things I'd be interested.

Any thoughts from Alan Wake fans?  Is the DLC good or just okay?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

havent played Alan Wake.....I will soon thou, Just how cheap is it now??

Alan Wake I thought had an incredible story and atmosphere.

The DLC overall is very nice and sets up the second game for sure.  The Writer, which is the second DLC is the better of the two but you have to play them both in order to have any idea at all about whats going on.

That's a shame you didn't look into it earlier, the 2nd DLC was half price a couple of weeks ago, not played it myself yet but apparantly DLC2 > DLC1 > Alan Wake!

I liked the first bit of DLC but I found it slightly harder than the actual game, the problem with AW is sometimes it can get a bit frustrating, other than that the story is top notch as always.

yeah DLC 2 is very good i would say better than or equal to episode 4. the thing is though both of these DLC brought some much more life to alan wake as they introduce new concepts. personally i found the new concepts they introduce to be so much fun in combat.

DLC 1 is the hardest episode in the entire game. DLC 2 has alot going on, if you watched inception it might give you an inception like vibe. I always wondered how an inception game would play DLC 2 gives you an idea while being alot of fun. It also clears alot of things up while opening a whole new lot at the ending

Around the Network

This thread is encouraging.  I have both DLC's but I've been saving the second one for some reason.  I even played throgh the entire game and DLC1 a second time instead of playing DLC2.  Hearing that the newest DLC is so good is making me anxious to play it in the near future.

d21lewis said:

This thread is encouraging.  I have both DLC's but I've been saving the second one for some reason.  I even played throgh the entire game and DLC1 a second time instead of playing DLC2.  Hearing that the newest DLC is so good is making me anxious to play it in the near future.

a dream inside a dream and a world inside a world think of it like that or parrallel worlds whichever way you think about it you gotta play it its a shame i only palyed it once cause ive got exams but once im done i will play it 2 or 3 more times to explore everything since i just ran through and iddnt explore it thoroughly as i did with all the other episodes except six

Damn dude! You missed out on the half price offer for both of those bad boys, somewhere just before Christmas I believe, or even the Christmas week(Somewhere around ~20th). But haven't played it myself, but itching to do so in the near future, will have to buy a Alan Wake copy though, as I only rented it for a playthrough.

Totally good experience.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

Damn dude! You missed out on the half price offer for both of those bad boys, somewhere just before Christmas I believe, or even the Christmas week(Somewhere around ~20th). But haven't played it myself, but itching to do so in the near future, will have to buy a Alan Wake copy though, as I only rented it for a playthrough.

Totally good experience.

yeah i heard about that price offer but didn't have microsoft points then. i just bought 4000 ms points and bought it for 560. even at that price its cheap compared t all the overpriced dlc and map packs for 800 and 1200. i have to admit i would have been overly happy paying 800 ms points but they priced it at 560 ms points.

Oh yah if you could find an LCE it has the alan wake files its good gives you more detailed look and gives you more evidence also it has a sentence or two about mr scratch if you know him his still a total mystery for me but i'm trying to develop a theory 

560 points for Alan Wake!!!

<<<<------------------GOES TO LIVE, TO FIND THE DEAL