By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 for Wii Petition

Almost every RE game that has come out on a Nintendo System has gone platinum...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
Almost every RE game that has come out on a Nintendo System has gone platinum...

Not quite. 2 on the N64 didn't sell so well, but that was also when the N64 was at the end of its cycle. The ports of 2, 3, and Code Veronica didn't sell so well on the GC, but Capcom breaking their promise to sell them at a bargain price ($40 instead of the announced $20) likely had a lot to do with that. Finally, the DS port of one sold only so-so, but that port got very little hype or marketing.

So an RE game isn't a guaranteed hit on a Nintendo system, but the sales of the ones they market well show it can still work. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

catofellow said:
Petitions are lame.  If you want RE5 that bad, go out and buy RE4.  If that game had sold better (I bought it), you could gaurantee the sequal would make its way onto Wii.

sold better?

This is the 4th release of this game, which is 2years old. You really expected much more then 1million when people already own the game?

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Sorry Leo, not all of us have $335-560 dollars to spend on a single game.

Are you talking CD based games or an arcade cabinet?

famine she means buying another console just so she can buy RE5.

Around the Network
Cobretti said:
famine she means buying another console just so she can buy RE5.

With the responses I've seen from her, anything is possible.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
I guess the fear it could happen is just too overwhelming. *shrugs*

Why should any X360/PS3 owner be scared if the Wii gets also RE5?

konnichiwa said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
I guess the fear it could happen is just too overwhelming. *shrugs*

Why should any X360/PS3 owner be scared if the Wii gets also RE5?

The sure don't like the thought of it, or else they wouldn't attack these threads to so much. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Ach it is just because of her comments in this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=12008

I actually agree with Leo-J. Not every game will be on every console. This game is the reason why I'm going to get an Xbox 360.

Again, I would love for a full RE game to be on the Wii, but not RE5. I'm an ardent Wii supporter, but I would want an RE game on the Wii developed FROM THE GROUND UP. Then we could finally see the entirety of the Wii's potential, just like RE4 showed us what the GameCube could do.

That's my two cents. Now, if you'll excuse me, Showdown at Area 51 is on the Sci-Fi channel, and I intend to spend the rest of the night laughing.