By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 25th December Up!

morenoingrato said:

It was about time:

:)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Nintendo
212 2,015 2,001,187

Heck Yeah!!!

even more than usual considering that it's new year's eve

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
Mummelmann said:

Very good week for all!

I can't wait to see how the 3DS will fare next holiday!

Dude, you sound like my 8 year old son.....

Not the nicest way of putting it...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Tigerlure said:
MightyGrogg said:
Fufinu said:

Also it's now official - GT5 has outsold Forza Motorsport 3.

It always does. There was never a question about that. lol!! That's like saying the Wii ouotsold the XBox 360 and PS3 worldwide every holiday since it launched. lol!! It' common knowledge really. Just like Forza 3 has outscored all the GT games this generation.

Yup. Too bad scores don't equal cash.

Good week for all consoles, as to be expected. GT5 is still going great.

What I find interesting and unexpected is that GT5 seems to have given a boost to Forza. I might be wrong however all the talk on race games seems to have increased interest in the genre overall.

yo_john117 said:

A pretty decent boost for the 360...sales between the 360 and PS3 should be very close this week.

I dont think so. 360 should lead a few hundred thousands. Up to 1.4 million in america alone should be possible.

Video: Samsung 37" LCD, Topfield 7700HSCI (HD-Sat), Denon DVD-2500BT (BluRay), Denon DVD-1940 (DVD)
Audio: Teufel System 5 THX @ Denon AVR 1910
Consoles: Homebrew Xbox 360 (500GB), Xbox 360 Slim (4GB) + Kinect, Homebrew Nintendo Wii, Homebrew Playstation 3 Slim (250GB)

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him - BELIEVE

Counti said:
yo_john117 said:

A pretty decent boost for the 360...sales between the 360 and PS3 should be very close this week.

I dont think so. 360 should lead a few hundred thousands. Up to 1.4 million in america alone should be possible.

What makes you say that?

Also, even though I think the 360 will definitely come on top in America, there was a $100 gift card for each PS3 bought in one store (forgot which).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
Fufinu said:
Tigerlure said:
MightyGrogg said:
Fufinu said:

It always does. There was never a question about that. lol!! That's like saying the Wii ouotsold the XBox 360 and PS3 worldwide every holiday since it launched. lol!! It' common knowledge really. Just like Forza 3 has outscored all the GT games this generation.

What I find interesting and unexpected is that GT5 seems to have given a boost to Forza. I might be wrong however all the talk on race games seems to have increased interest in the genre overall.

I think it's cos MS flooded US with the Forza-Alan Wake bundle for teh lulz during the GT5 launch week, I think Forza 3 did half the numbers of GT5 on the launch week thanks to those bundles in the US. I think it was a pretty sweet strategy haha, if a bit underhanded.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Fufinu said:
Tigerlure said:
MightyGrogg said:
Fufinu said:

I think it's cos MS flooded US with the Forza-Alan Wake bundle for teh lulz during the GT5 launch week, I think Forza 3 did half the numbers of GT5 on the launch week thanks to those bundles in the US. I think it was a pretty sweet strategy haha, if a bit underhanded.

Yes but it is also worth noting that at least 3/4 of GT5 reviews make mention of Forza. Not to mention all the threads in placed like this one. I think that Forza got a lot of press and free advertising out of the release of GT5.

Will be interesting to see if we get a boost on GT5 sales around the time of the release of Forza 4.

NotStan said:
Fufinu said:
Tigerlure said:
MightyGrogg said:
Fufinu said:

This. I suspect Sony was so happy about it that it'll return it with interest heavy bundling GT5 just before Forza 4 launch.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Fufinu said:
Tigerlure said:
MightyGrogg said:
Fufinu said:

Sorry, Forza 3 has been made a bundle favourite again - that's what's driving that boost.  It's a good game - I just got it second hand myself - but you're going to be in the same boat as the Killzone 2 fans if you start trying to defend its sales next to GT5.

Forza and Killzone have the dubious honour of being very good titles directly pitched against by far the bigger brand on another console to try and compete.  On the evidence it'll be a long time before Sony sees an FPS exclusive anything like Halo and likewise (because to be honest a ton of Forza sales have always been bundles, way more than GT percentage wise) it seems unlikely Microsoft is going to see a driving/racing exclsuive come anywhere near GT.

GT5 has already matched Forza and that's with minimal launch bundling vs frankly a big percentage of bundled Forza sales over a much longer time on market.

The big market for more sim orientated racers is EMEEA and the PS3 has much more dominance there particularly with that demographic.  The sales boost for Forza isn't for Forza, it's for the 360 itself for the holidays - Forza is just getting a handy halo effect due to bundling, but not one that truly indicates any resurgence in demand due to GT5 IMHO.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Alby_da_Wolf said:
NotStan said:
Fufinu said:
Tigerlure said:
MightyGrogg said:
Fufinu said:

This. I suspect Sony was so happy about it that it'll return it with interest heavy bundling GT5 just before Forza 4 launch.   

Haha no doubt about it. Waiting for MS to flood the market with Halo bundles when KZ/Resistance come out too x)

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.