By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Halp! D=

Okay so, long story short, it's christmas and I'm going to be with my family for like a couple of days. It's not in my house, where I have my HD TV with an HDMI connection on my bedroom, it's on my grandmother's house, where usually I play on a tv that's not bigger than the size of my hand *sad face*

Anyway, and here's where the story gets a bit more complex lol In may, I bought an HD TV, and before that, I had always been able to play on this 2 inch TV with a Scart cable. As the matter of fact, I had an SD TV in my bedroom. On the summer vacations, I had been here for a day or two, but couldn't play because the image didn't display, so I assumed that it was either the cable's fault, or the TV's fault - surely it wouldn't be the PS3's fault, wouldn't make any sense, my HDMI entry was working perfectly at home and I hadn't used the Scart entry for months. In September, my phat PS3 YLOD'd. I didn't want to lose all my saves, so I asked my brother to fix it. He opened and revived, at least for what should be enough to get everything that I wanted before it would YLOD again (sounded like a god damn airport). We decided to try the Scart entry on my new TV one last time, just so we could know if it was pointless to keep carring the console to my grandmother's house, if we didn't have any TV to play in. It didn't work as well, and when we tried the same cable with my new PS3 slim, it worked perfectly. So the phat PS3 was broken all along (DUN DUN DA DAA)

Funny thing is, this time I even brought 2 cables. None of them works. So... wtf am I doing wrong? >=(

I mean, this PS3 isn't even 3 months old, shouldn't break that quickly lol The TV is probably functional as well... Any ideas about what the problem might be? Or am I just saying alot of bs and it only takes a simple step to put it back in business? Please tell me it's the last one lol

Please help me, I'm really desperate =(

Around the Network

Reset the video settings. On a phat you hold down the power button until it bleeps a couple of times, not sure if its the same method on a slim but that will probably fix it.

1) please read first reply, as he is correct. If the TV doesn't support the current output selection than it will be blank. Resetting the PS3 puts the video in the lowest mode which all TV's support. My child resets mine all the time. If the method isn't the same for the PS3 slim I suggest you read the user manual

2) forum rules - Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic... Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post....

3) If #1 somehow doesn't work, please create a properly title thread as I hate being pulled into poorly labeled threads.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Cunning_Linguist said:

Reset the video settings. On a phat you hold down the power button until it bleeps a couple of times, not sure if its the same method on a slim but that will probably fix it.

OMFG I FEEL SO FUCKING STUPID LOL Working perfectly, gonna read every single instructions manual from now on :P

Thanks for the quick reply, happy holidays ;D

nordlead said:

1) please read first reply, as he is correct. If the TV doesn't support the current output selection than it will be blank. Resetting the PS3 puts the video in the lowest mode which all TV's support. My child resets mine all the time. If the method isn't the same for the PS3 slim I suggest you read the user manual

2) forum rules - Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic... Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post....

Oh thanks for the help as well, it worked :P And sorry for the thread title, I couldn't think of anything 'cause I was already picturing myself doing nothing for 5 days XD

Also, maybe you guys can help me on another thing... I have this huge SD TV... well I was going to say behind me but someone moved it lol Well, my cousin lost the remote controller and it doesn't have a manual AV button, at least not one that I'm aware of. It's a Sony TV and it works for sure, I remember playing gamecube on it. Can you guys spare some of you awesome knowledge one more time? :P