By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony reaffirms PS3 2010 sales projections

goforgold said:
ethomaz said:
goforgold said:
michael_stutzer said:

It is because Sony is forcing retailers to buy more and more PS3's. I work at a retailer here and we have 10000 PS3's. We didn't sell a single unit in the last two years and they keep sending them. We have rented additional warehouses just to keep PS3's. It is getting out of hand.

either a very incompetent retailer, or your lying.

Sarcasm.

totally missed obvious sarcasm, I fail :(

Sarcasm doesn't work on the internet, man.:P

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:
michael_stutzer said:

It is because Sony is forcing retailers to buy more and more PS3's. I work at a retailer here and we have 10000 PS3's. We didn't sell a single unit in the last two years and they keep sending them. We have rented additional warehouses just to keep PS3's. It is getting out of hand.

C'mon man. You could do better then that.

9999 now, we have sold a PS3. Probably due to the Christmas effect.

4k1x3r said:
slowmo said:
4k1x3r said:
slowmo said:
daroamer said:
rrrnearrr said:
Pirateogta said:
psrock said:
Pirateogta said:

I will never trust Sony's shipment numbers since they released their numbers for the April-June 2010 quarter. Every sales tracker (NPD, Media Create, VGChartz, GFK, Chart-Track) showed that the PS3 had sold less units in that quarter compared to the last quarter (Jan-Mar). Then Sony's numbers came out and they had shipped more units than the previous quarter. How is that possible. They sold considerably less than the last quarter, but shipped more units...

It's clear that Sony tracks PS3s shipped differently than Microsoft tracks the 360, or they are just overshipping every quarter. It's getting pretty ridiculous. That will be the final nail in the coffin if they actually report they shipped more than the 360 in the Oct-Dec quarter, when the 360 is outselling the PS3 by almost a million in one month alone in just one region, according to NPD. The December NPD could possibly have the 360 ahead of the PS3 by 2 million if this trend keeps up, and there's no way anyone will be fooled into believing Sony's shipment numbers this quarter, with Kinect and the 360's incredible performance.

what would happen if Sony shipped more than MS this quater?

Nothing would happen, we'd just know that something fishy was going on with Sony's shipment numbers. In that case, we might as well stop comparing Sony's numbers to the other consoles' numbers, because it would be clear that they are not calculating their numbers in the same way as Nintendo or Microsoft. Obviously, there's no way that the PS3 has outsold the 360 in this quarter, so if the numbers come out again and Sony says they've shipped more than the 360, then we can all have a good laugh.

More like something wrong with VGChartz numbers, Sony has laws to obey and stakeholders to please, VGchartz, well, its vgchartz.

You missed the part where he also mentioned every other 3rd party tracking company showing them selling less.  It's not like VGC is showing Xbox outselling PS3 by a million in the US and every else saying it was the opposite.

Isn't Sony also the company that used to count shipping to their warehouse as "shipped"?

Wasn't this the same company that got their predicted profit wrong by about -6 billion a few years ago too.  This is VGChartz though the magical world where Sony never make mistakes.

Er sauce or it didn't happen? And that was probably Yens, so

6.000.000.000,00 JPY
Japon Yen
= 73.611.019,63 USD
États-Unis Dollars

It didn't happen then because I cannot be bothered looking through Sony's official estimates for 2008 to get the information.  It's source by the way not sauce (sauce spelt in that way is in reference to Tomato ketchup or something you might use to flavour a dish), not trying to be clever just thought if English isn't your first language it's a word you might use often on here and the internet in general so would want to get it right. 

The point stands that on numerous occasions Sony have made estimates that are way lower than their actual end of year projections, to the point they were embarrassing.  I apologise I'm too lazy to get the figures for you.

Hahahaha... no. =) Welcome on the internet dude, at least on a part of the internet, where sauce = source :) (and where more = moar, or now = nao etc) I'll let you search where this transformation of "source" came from, because basically rule 1&2 must be applied...

As for the figures, no sauce, didn't happen.

I like the English language as it is so I'll pass fella :)