By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: MS announcing "some big action & Kinect games at VGAs

Though Kinect has been a big success for Microsoft since debuting on November 4, many hardcore gamers have turned up their noses to the innovative camera controller because they think it's just an enabler for minigame collections, casual fare, and rhythm stuff. If you go by the launch library, well, they have a point. But a reliable source tells IGN that's all about to change.

According to our tip, Microsoft is using the Spike TV Video Games Awards (VGAs) to introduce some big action games, including new titles for the Kinect. The headliner is Gears of War for Kinect, coming straight from Epic Games. Now, we cannot clarify whether or not this is an all-new Gears of War for Kinect or if it's an existing Gears of War game, retro-fitted for the camera controller. But it definitely clicks with recent rumblings that Microsoft wants to get in front of the conventional wisdom that the Kinect is only a toy for casual gamers and family.

We reached out to Microsoft for comment. Microsoft returned our request for additional clarification with the traditional "we can't comment on rumor or speculation." IGN has also put in a request for comment from Epic Games, but has not heard back yet. If Epic Games has a statement on this story, we will certainly pass it along.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1134355p1.html

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I would of that it would have been Perfect Dark wouldbe the guineapig for fps Kinect.

Just want to play good games

Microsoft abandoning gamers confirmed.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

all it is a rumor so who know if it is true or not.

Just want to play good games

*Wonders if they'll be using a controller*

<.<

Around the Network

it'd be nice to see some action games properly using the tech. It'd be tricky, but interesting to see how it'd turn out

wait

it says : big action game AND kinect

does it means 1 game , or 2 different games ? 

Time to Work !

libellule said:

wait

it says : big action game AND kinect

does it means 1 game , or 2 different games ? 

Your guess is as good as mine. The wording [games] obviously implies more then one game, since it says "SOME new actions GAMES, including new title[S] for Kinect". However, I don't know how seperate they'll be since the article's substance refers to Gears as a Kinect game.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

ClaudeLv250 said:

The end of gaming is coming, thank the casuals.

Milo making a return ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E