By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up!!! (Nov 6, 2010)

bannedagain said:
4k1x3r said:

So this is the current sales table until adjustments next quarter because of undertracking? =P Nice.

undertracking for who? 360

360 is on I think.

i personally think ps3 is overtracked now. SO we will see when the shipments come out.

Why?

360 shipped-sold was lower than 1m and PS3 shipped-sold was higher than 2m... how 360 was undertracked and PS3 overtracked???

Makes no sense.

Around the Network

Wii are back, baby!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

soooooo Red Wii won't help?

*Sound Of Rain said:
Metallicube said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
CGI-Quality said:

You've just come in each week claiming the "rain" (pun intended) of dominance was over for PS3 in just a few weeks. He's right in the sense that you're showing almost a fear of PS3 topping the Wii continuosly. I agree with you, Wii will probably beat the PS3 this week (though I don't think it'll beat the 360). But you have had this agenda for over a month now.

I don't fear video game sales Lol! I just go on here because I obviously like games and its interesting(I also look at sales for music and sometimes even movies) It has nothing to do with fear and the fact that you even think that makes me laugh...you can think what you want but I am not that kind of person. I am just predicting and discussing sales like everyone else on here so why is that so terrible to you? Just because my personal opinion is that PS3 won't sell well compared to the 360 and Wii this Holiday is wrong Lol?

I actual find the comedy in how serious you take this, while claiming just to be an analyzer. I didn't say you "feared" this happening. I said it almost comes off as a fear (further complimenting Jordahn's point - which looks to be spot on).

Anyway, PS3 will likely sell less than it's comptetitors this holiday, no argument there. But since it'll be up YoY, has a motion controller in healthy standing right now, and it's biggest exclusive IP still set to release for the holiday, I'm not sure, "it won't sell well compared to the other two", are the proper words.

I don't see what he's so off base about.. PS3 WON'T sell well compared to the other two over the holidays. That's just the way it will be. Xbox 360 will recieve a major boost from Kinect for a little while, not to it should be more affected than the PS3 by the Black Ops boost. Then you have Wii, which is ALWAYS a major seller around the holidays, and now it is starting to have a healthy lineup again, including DCK which should be a major hardware pusher.

PS3 has already had the Move released which hasn't done much, understandably, and doesn't really have much gamewise besides GT5.

I think this holiday it'll be Wii, then 360 right behind it, and PS3 a distant third. However, I do think once the Kinect effect wears off, PS3 will pull ahead of 360 when the dust settles, and will probably have a longer lifespan than the 360. It'll all depend how well devs support them really.

I have been saying that exact same thing for a month now and see what happened...run before you get jumped by crazed PS3 fanboys.

Ha don't worry I've been there several times, with the Kinect fanboys as well :/

Smashed said:
psrock said:
CGI-Quality said:
psrock said:

I guess fo many this is the last week either Wii or PS3 will eve be on top of the 360.

The 360 could still win for the week. Kinect launched at the place where it's expected to sell the most, last week. I expect the PS3 to be 3rd, Wii 2nd, and 360 1st when WW is in.

Yes, we do get Kinect numbers in NA this week. Then, yes it's 360 from now on.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Kinect isn't that big, let's calm down. When GT5 releases there won't be such thing as second or third place for PS3. Only first.

Eh, Kinect isn't that big, but it's alot bigger than GT5 that's for sure.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Smashed said:
psrock said:
CGI-Quality said:
psrock said:

I guess fo many this is the last week either Wii or PS3 will eve be on top of the 360.

The 360 could still win for the week. Kinect launched at the place where it's expected to sell the most, last week. I expect the PS3 to be 3rd, Wii 2nd, and 360 1st when WW is in.

Kinect isn't that big, let's calm down. When GT5 releases there won't be such thing as second or third place for PS3. Only first.

That's the most delusional written comment i've seen in my entire life on this forum.

Smashed said:
Demotruk said:
Smashed said:
psrock said:
CGI-Quality said:
psrock said:

That's the most delusional written comment i've seen in my entire life on this forum.

To be fair, the box is bigger.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Smashed said:
Demotruk said:
Smashed said:
psrock said:
CGI-Quality said:
psrock said:

To be fair, the box is bigger.

That's about it.

flagstaad said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

You really should not start a 3rd party performance comparison argument comparing Ninty vs. HDTwins...you are gonna get embarassed, just saying.

I am not talking about the HDTwins, Ready at Dawn are the developers of God of War: Ghost of Sparta, they say that they don't want to develop for Wii because they didn't expect big sales cause the novelty its wearing off, but it didn't mattered to them a year and a half ago  when they started the development of GoW and the "novelty of the PSP" was wearing off.

If they start a new development for the 360 or PS3 right now, the novelty of those systems can be wearing off in 1.5-2 years when their game is releasing (mid-end 2012). If they are smart they should just not develop for any of the current consoles and start thinking about the 3DS and the PSP2.

How many 3rd party devs have had success on the wii? Not many. So you can't really blame them. Imagine them making a game like GOW on the Wii, how many H&S games have sold well on the system? 'They' don't expect big sales even if they develop for the wii, that's all they are saying. GOS sales are not complete here, we don't know how much it sold on PSN, or WW for that matter for sure. So wait until we get proper confirmation of it before going down this discussion. Developing for a handheld is much cheaper also which helps.

I for one HOPE Sony buy off R@D and make them focus on PSP2 and PS3 soon. They are such good devs. GoS is an AMAZING game

@SoundofRain: It's your tone of hahahhaha told ya all, you hate me for NO reason whatsoever but hahahah I'm gonna be nice now and be only tiny bit annoying with my tone, but can't say I will do the same when WW numbers come in hahahhaha/ stuff that get's on the nerves of people and they start arguing back and forth..

but 'everyone' should relax a bit...like i said every company is doing good :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ethomaz said:
bannedagain said:
4k1x3r said:

So this is the current sales table until adjustments next quarter because of undertracking? =P Nice.

undertracking for who? 360

360 is on I think.

i personally think ps3 is overtracked now. SO we will see when the shipments come out.

Why?

360 shipped-sold was lower than 1m and PS3 shipped-sold was higher than 2m... how 360 was undertracked and PS3 overtracked???

Makes no sense.

I said xbox 360 was on and ps3 was overtracked. It's just a thought, could be right on but I just don't think so. In EMEAA the numbers are funny and I think they have to fine tune the numbers for them to come out right.