By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rough Attach Rates for Kinect Titles (MGC)

Hi all,

If anyone is interested, here are some estimated attach ratios for Kinect titles. I used gamercards from MyGamerCard.net to look into the number of users that have Kinect Adventures vs. other Kinect titles. Although there aren't a ton of users with the titles on their cards, its to be expected, since Kinect may be a more casual seller, and outside of the traditional types of players that MGC attracts.

At any rate, not all titles were tracked, it seems. Those not included most likely sold too poorly, estimated at a 2% attach rate with the Kinect hardware. This list isn't scientific, nor is likely what will come from Brett/VGC when the data rolls in. But it doesn't hurt as a rough look, right?

Overall, it seems that software attach rates are about 1.1 titles per Kinect, not including the Adventures packin (assuming between 0.5% and 2.0% for unlisted Kinect titles like The Biggest Loser, and Dance Masters). As expected, Dance Central was #1, followed by Kinect Sports. Everything else seems to be a bit lower. Don't look into the # of users as an indication of sales for Kinect, as MGC usually isn't a great barometer of that. Instead, the important aspect is the attach rates.

Title # of Users Attach Rate
Kinect Adventures 5,189 100.0% (assumed)
Dance Central 1,693 32.6%
Kinect Sports 1,505 29.0%
Kinectimals 844 16.3%
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 650 12.5%
Kinect Joy Ride 332 6.4%
Fighters Uncaged 272 5.2%
Sonic Free Riders 190 3.7%
MotionSports 120 3.2%

Hope this helps with some idea of what Kinect titles are doing

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

very nice post! love your ingenuity. even though it is bound to be off from the final data stating all of your assumptions is appreciated.

when I was at target yesterday dance central and kinect sports were both sold out so that seems to be quite in line with the data you are presenting.

kitler53 said:

very nice post! love your ingenuity. even though it is bound to be off from the final data stating all of your assumptions is appreciated.

when I was at target yesterday dance central and kinect sports were both sold out so that seems to be quite in line with the data you are presenting.

Glad you see it that way.

I am sure its going to be off, but as you said, the general assumptions of DC and Kinect Sports being the big winners seems to correlate with the data from MGC. I also double-checked against 360voice.com, and their user activity is inline with these numbers as well (although they don't have all the games, either).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.