By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafiascum Round 21 Game Thread DBZ

Guys cmon it's not that complicated.

You have a role, if you choose to forgo your role to "power-up" then you can do that.

Power-up is NOT a duration, it is a requirement. Sacrifice what you could be doing, to do more later (or add another ability).

Ok, so say I'm a saibaman.

Saibaman; you are mafia.

Role:  Sacrifice yourself at night to kill 2 random players. 

Powerup: 6  nights. 2 random players becomes 2 random townies.

Wish: (Auto) Do not die when you use your power. Instead stay alive as a vanilla mafia.

This means, that at night I can choose to kill 2 random players. However, if I choose to powerup for 6 nights instead of using my power, then on the 7th night I can kill 2 random townies.

Addiationally, if I manage to get 7 dragonballs by day 4, then on night 4 I will be able to stay alive if I use my power. That is a considerable advantage, methinks, so I say, oh well, I'll just use my power now, kill the 2 random players now, keep myself in the game, and skip the chance that I might get lynched before night 7.

Here's another example with differrent circumstances:

I am Dr.Briefs. Bulma's dad, I am an inventor. I am pro-town

Role: I am an inventor. Each night I target someone. That person will randomly be watched, protected, or killed.

Powerup: 3 nights; I can now decide which ability I want my role to use.
Wish: Revive someone you killed with your role.

Ok, so each night I can use my power at it will randomly watch, protect, or kill them. I like killing roles, but I don't want to kill a townie. However, if I get a wish, then I could just bring them back..unless I kill multiple people....ah screw it, I'm going to forgo my power for three nights, PMing theprof that I am "powering-up" and then on the 4th night, I will be able to target someone and do to them whatever I want to happen (whether it be watch protect or kill them).

OK guys? Not that complicated.

Around the Network

"vote time exension"

Also, my panel is messed up (IE8) so I'm not sure how to get my PMs, but I'll switch to some other browser and verify. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

OK, PM confirmed, and may I say my role is a fascinating blend of awesome and useless. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Come on Homer_Simpson! Post here and we'll get this show going!

Signature goes here!

P_chan is banned

-

Around the Network

permabanned...

wow, what did he say to get permabanned?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

wow, what did he say to get permabanned?

pchan was wessle woggle

Oh dear... replacement time?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Oh dear... replacement time?

no need. the game shall continue!