By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

marciosmg said:

Great. Thanks for the answers.

I will probably get it by tonight or tomorrow, so if I could know the server info Id really appreciate it

Thanks a lot!

76.123.231.98. I'm not online much during the week anymore because I have extra things going on with the Army for the time being, but as soon as I get through with those, it should be pretty easy to run into me any given day of the week. There are a lot of others that come by now and then, though, from a lot of other places. A lot of us come from VGC, but a few players are Goddog's coworkers, and a few people are from PlanetMinecraft too.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
marciosmg said:

Great. Thanks for the answers.

I will probably get it by tonight or tomorrow, so if I could know the server info Id really appreciate it

Thanks a lot!

76.123.231.98. I'm not online much during the week anymore because I have extra things going on with the Army for the time being, but as soon as I get through with those, it should be pretty easy to run into me any given day of the week. There are a lot of others that come by now and then, though, from a lot of other places. A lot of us come from VGC, but a few players are Goddog's coworkers, and a few people are from PlanetMinecraft too.

Thanks a lot. See you soon!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

So I started on the server and played a bit.

Thanks to thetonestarr for giving me buildind rights, answering my questions, setting me up in Dionne and giving me some starting items. Thanks a lot, man!

I chose a hill to the southwest of the warp and neat one of thetonestarr's stargate. Its nice that it isnt far from warp and I get a good view of things.

Also, inside the hill, Im mining stone and it will serve if i want to expand my home downward later. Home I havent finished building yet.

I finished a small first floor and Im still considering what to do with a 2nd. I want it mostly just to get a 360 view around my home.

A few random thoughts:

- Cant find sheeps. Still no bed for me lol

- Sometimes nights go by fast. Others times, normally. You guys changed the default setting?

- Creepers. So many creepers. Everytime I leave my house at night, I always end up dying because of some creeper i didnt see behind me. The worst part is when he takes part of my home with him

- Loved some of the buildings in the spawn area. The pixelart, too. I cant even begin to imsgine how you guys did that. The city too.

So, in short, loving the game and the server. Starting slow and I dont plan on doing ridiculous things. Just strating with a house, maybe make a few towers etc.

Anyone wants to talk to me, Im in Dionne.

PS - I was playing awhile ago and I think the server went down. Too bad. Hope I dont lose anything.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

There's a command (/time day) to reset the sun to 6AM, which is probably why the nights seem short. Sometimes people keep building into the night, sometimes they change it. You have access to that command, either way.

You also have access to the /sethome command, which lets you set any location you want as your home warp. To return to there, simply type /home after you've set the location.

And we're glad to have you! =)

Meanwhile, I'm working on filling the city's harbor with ships, finally. I've built the first, my next one I'm building I plan to make look sturdier, and probably be a bit larger as well.

SW-5120-1900-6153

marciosmg said:

Thanks to thetonestarr for giving me buildind rights, answering my questions, setting me up in Dionne and giving me some starting items. Thanks a lot, man!

I chose a hill to the southwest of the warp and neat one of thetonestarr's stargate. Its nice that it isnt far from warp and I get a good view of things.

Also, inside the hill, Im mining stone and it will serve if i want to expand my home downward later. Home I havent finished building yet.

I finished a small first floor and Im still considering what to do with a 2nd. I want it mostly just to get a 360 view around my home.

A few random thoughts:

- Sometimes nights go by fast. Others times, normally. You guys changed the default setting?

- Creepers. So many creepers. Everytime I leave my house at night, I always end up dying because of some creeper i didnt see behind me. The worst part is when he takes part of my home with him

- Loved some of the buildings in the spawn area. The pixelart, too. I cant even begin to imsgine how you guys did that. The city too.

So, in short, loving the game and the server. Starting slow and I dont plan on doing ridiculous things. Just strating with a house, maybe make a few towers etc.

PS - I was playing awhile ago and I think the server went down. Too bad. Hope I dont lose anything.

I've had trouble finding sheep too. You could try just exploring different warps while keeping the shears with you just in case. I remember a few months ago finding a huge field with TONS of sheep everywhere and I literally picked up like 5+ full stacks of wool. Sadly, I don't remember where that was.

Builders have access to the /time command so we can keep the world in daytime.

I believe creepers despawn after noon or so. Be extra careful when you're outside at night or in the morning as they love to sneak up on you. If people keep forcing the world to daytime, then there usually wont be monsters wondering around except in really dark shadowed areas or caves.

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:

There's a command (/time day) to reset the sun to 6AM, which is probably why the nights seem short. Sometimes people keep building into the night, sometimes they change it. You have access to that command, either way.

You also have access to the /sethome command, which lets you set any location you want as your home warp. To return to there, simply type /home after you've set the location.

Meanwhile, I'm working on filling the city's harbor with ships, finally. I've built the first, my next one I'm building I plan to make look sturdier, and probably be a bit larger as well.

Ohh, didn't know that! That'll help alot since there's quite a walk between central Dionne and my camp.

thetonestarr said:

Thanks for the welcome.

Nice to know about the /time and/home commands. Will use them. OFTEN.

PS - Creepers are really annoying me. Twice they blew part of my house. I was walking in daylight and they appeared out of nowhere. Sometimes, I look out my windows and they are right there.

SO ANNOYING!!!!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

IllegalPaladin said:
marciosmg said:

A few random thoughts:

I've had trouble finding sheep too. You could try just exploring different warps while keeping the shears with you just in case. I remember a few months ago finding a huge field with TONS of sheep everywhere and I literally picked up like 5+ full stacks of wool. Sadly, I don't remember where that was.

Builders have access to the /time command so we can keep the world in daytime.

I believe creepers despawn after noon or so. Be extra careful when you're outside at night or in the morning as they love to sneak up on you. If people keep forcing the world to daytime, then there usually wont be monsters wondering around except in really dark shadowed areas or caves.

I have no exploring so far, just building my house and tower.So, I have no iron to make shears.

If those damned creepers will let me

www.jamesvandermemes.com

forest-spirit said:
thetonestarr said:

Ohh, didn't know that! That'll help alot since there's quite a walk between central Dionne and my camp.

I live in Dionne too. Right near the warp though.

PS - Im seeing the live map: http://nibirucraft.dyndns.org:8123/

Whre can I find Dionne on it? I want to find my house, lol.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
forest-spirit said:
thetonestarr said:

I live in Dionne too. Right near the warp though.

PS - Im seeing the live map: http://nibirucraft.dyndns.org:8123/

Whre can I find Dionne on it? I want to find my house, lol.

Easiest way to locate your camp is to go to the live map while you're playing. On the right side, there's a gray tab with an arrow on it. Click it, and it gives you a list of all the players that are on. Click your name and it'll center the map on you.

If you want to access it without being online, you'll have to just take the map and go way north.

SW-5120-1900-6153