By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MOVE - 300,000 Units Sold in First Ten Days!

CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Grimes said:
CGI-Quality said:

Indeed you could, because internet go-ers opinions mean jack shit in the real world.

Then what is this purpose of this site if not to discuss such issues?

I didn't say we couldn't discuss sales, obviously I wouldn't be here either if I felt that way. But my opinion means little to shareholders, manufacturers, and higher-ups making money. As far as I'm concerned, if Sony expected a slow burner (which they did), and this is where it started, I see nothing wrong with it, especially if such sales are sustained.

Expecting somethint to sell poorly isn't a defense for something selling poorly.

Afterall, move had to cost quite a bit of money.  If I spend ten million dollars developing a gun that shoots mustard, and I only expect 1 to sell to myself for $5.99 and I sell 2... it still sold poorly.

It selling how it does means a lot to shareholders, manufactuers and higher ups... because it puts it still in a troubled situation.  For all we know, Sony could of expected it to sell slow, simply because they realized via their market research that it was going to sell poorly.

We don't really know any better then we did before launch if it'll succeed or fail.  All you can really say definitly... is that it's opening sales didn't make it a successs.

But what you consider "selling poorly" doesn't make it a poorly selling product. And as far as it being a success, since none of us know anything for sure, it will remain opinionated and speculated to the contrary/favoring.

That's pretty much the angle of my logic.

Except... people have given actual logic as to why they see it as a poorly selling product.

Your only defense so far has been "Sony expected it to sell like this" and hope basically.

You haven't even quoted or suggested a similar situation in which said hope is justified.

It basically feals like you have no arguement, therefore your pulling out a catchall defense soley because you want a catchall wait and see defense without actually analyzing anything about it.

You can give all of your own opinions on why it failed, but that doesn't mean it failed. And, how often does a company say they expect a slow burner out of the gate? Since I know of no other situation, what else could it be compared to?

Yes, I am going by Sony's word, because your expectation, my expectation, or anyone else's don't mean anything, they don't. OK, we compare Move to Wii Fit/Play/Motion Plus and beyond. Who (realistically) expected Move to sell like that? If Sony considers the numbers good (which, we also don't know if Move is making money yet, so that will remain speculatory), why should I discredit that?

I don't know what you expected it to sell, but 300,000 (to me) is a slow burner. I don't know what else to call it, an exact expectation (number) wasn't given. If the sales are sustained though, I think the arguments of "selling poor" were premature.

You know, other perhipherals have existed  It's not like wii created them.  For example, Rumble Pack sold more week 1.  Eye toy sold less.  Music Mixer sold less.

As for what I expected it to sell... about that much... because it didn't seem to offer much reason for people to buy it outside of people who already own a PS3... many of whom who had been conditioned to despise all things motion.  It needs to develop something that actually makes it stand out.

I'd give move a 50-50 chance... but only because I'm an optimist... I haven't seen any comparisons that seem to treat it favorably. 

Around the Network

In otherwords... it's premature to call it a failure... but it's even more premature to call it a success or say it's doing well.