By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

ps3 will not out sell xbox next week and I think will come back down from the 10,000 mark.

Around the Network

Sony years isnt from January from december its more like from March to March!

Wii is on its way to free fall (finally).

Expect Nintendo to be the first to release a new generation of consoles...  Wii HD next E3?

I can't believe the legs on Sniper Ghost Warrior...  Staying in the top 50 since its release in June.  Promising to see a B level title stay on the charts for so long.

viStaR said:

So what are you comparing??? FY (April to March) or real (January to December)???

15M was Sony prediction for FY.

And Microsoft FY is July to June.

can ioi tell if PS3 is going to see a smiliar boast in NA also due to MOVE>? or this boast is only going to be in EMEAA?

Around the Network

Sports Champions didn't come in the Starter bundle for Europe right? So expect Sport Champions to keep selling

ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

So whats a realistic opinion ?? Ps3 had is peak year on 2009 with Slim u wont see sales over 11M anymore... 360 has Game changer Kinect that will drive Sales in 2011 and Wii will allways be Wii and i expect big hardware Boosts on holidays this and next year.

So its pretty realistic my opinion and shold be up with the truw but we will see... it will if Kinect Changes Xbox in Japan but only time will tell...

Ps3 wont do better than 11M ... No more killer aps aka GT5 , no more Slim only a price cut can save it ad even if they cut the price Microsoft and Nintendo will follow next year.

Remember that Microsoft doesnt cut the price to 360 since 2008 so its all but lost for Sony this and next year. Maybe next gen but i doubt , Nintendo is way too smart this days.

Bold parts.

Sony prediction is 15M for year yet (shipped)... PS3 will sell more like 13.5-14M this year.

13.5/14 is rather optimistic. If it stays flat with last year from now on it'll hit 11 million, but it won't stay flat in October (lose about 500k) which you could say GT5 will make up for, 14 mill is just totally out of reach though

Edit - oops got numbers wrong, 6.5 currently, stays flat with last year it'll hit 13 mill.

I think it can match last years sales, don't think 14 mill is doable still unless we see an adjustment.

Noobie said:

can ioi tell if PS3 is going to see a smiliar boast in NA also due to MOVE>? or this boast is only going to be in EMEAA?

Maybe... Move first week sales on NA is about two days.

ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

So what are you comparing??? FY (April to March) or real (January to December)???

15M was Sony prediction for FY.

And Microsoft FY is July to June.

im talking about VGC numbers , NPD , Media Create , GfK and what so ever not what sony or microsoft says because their numbers are shipped not sold.

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

So whats a realistic opinion ?? Ps3 had is peak year on 2009 with Slim u wont see sales over 11M anymore... 360 has Game changer Kinect that will drive Sales in 2011 and Wii will allways be Wii and i expect big hardware Boosts on holidays this and next year.

So its pretty realistic my opinion and shold be up with the truw but we will see... it will if Kinect Changes Xbox in Japan but only time will tell...

Ps3 wont do better than 11M ... No more killer aps aka GT5 , no more Slim only a price cut can save it ad even if they cut the price Microsoft and Nintendo will follow next year.

Remember that Microsoft doesnt cut the price to 360 since 2008 so its all but lost for Sony this and next year. Maybe next gen but i doubt , Nintendo is way too smart this days.

Bold parts.

Sony prediction is 15M for year yet (shipped)... PS3 will sell more like 13.5-14M this year.

13.5/14 is rather optimistic. If it stays flat with last year from now on it'll hit 11 million, but it won't stay flat in October (lose about 500k) which you could say GT5 will make up for, 14 mill is just totally out of reach though

Are you saying that Sony shipped 15M and VGC sales only 11M??? I would love to see it happen.