By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Even in Europe, PS3 already behind Wii (Amazon)

Latest Amazon.com, .fr, .de and .co.uk sales ranks:

PS3:

USA- #19

France- #30

Germany- #44

UK- #12

Wii:

USA- #8

France- #27

Germany- #36

UK- #4

Very good rankings for the Wii, especially considering that in France and Germany it says "usually shipped after 1-2 months", and in UK and USA it's not even possible to buy it...

As far as I know, those are values for the last few days/weeks, not total sales, right?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

How about X360?

Xbox 360, Premium System (since the core system has quite bad ranks):

USA- #30

France- #939 (not in stock) EDIT - core system is at #779 and in stock

Germany- #130

UK- #37

I look at amazon sometimes to see how their articles are selling and have an impression on how sales are going ,but we cant look at it as proff for anything .If Amazon was totally representative the PS3 ,when in stock ,would be selling regularly more than the X360 in NA and from the data in february we know that isnt true (althought PS3 wasnt in stock regularly at amazon in february ) .

Amazon.whatever is NOT representative of the entire market and this thread is reeking of flaming.

Give me a reason not to lock it very quickly...

Why? Amazon is only about 1/500th of the entire way a system will sell. It is not indicative of much of anything. Wasn't Sonic & The Secret Rings and/or SSX Blur ultra high on the list(s) for launch, only to crash & burn?

Also, Amazon.com typically shows that HD-DVD outsells Blu-Ray about 2:1, but in real life, it's the opposite. Think about it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Well, the subject does clearly say "Amazon" in it, of course this doesn't mean much for overall sales. The reason why I posted it was that a few days after the PS3 launch, the PS3 was usually above the Wii there, and that's no longer true.

mrstickball said:

Amazon.whatever is NOT representative of the entire market and this thread is reeking of flaming.

Give me a reason not to lock it very quickly...

Why? Amazon is only about 1/500th of the entire way a system will sell. It is not indicative of much of anything. Wasn't Sonic & The Secret Rings and/or SSX Blur ultra high on the list(s) for launch, only to crash & burn?

Also, Amazon.com typically shows that HD-DVD outsells Blu-Ray about 2:1, but in real life, it's the opposite. Think about it.

In fact Amazon shows since mid january the BR trouncing the HD-DVd as you can see here .

http://www.hdgamedb.com/amazon/history.aspx

I have noticed that Wii has begun to be available in most of the stores, here, in France ("on line" stores, as micromania.fr, and "real" stores, as Auchan, Virgin Megastores, fnac..), since the beginining of the week...

I'm thinking about massive shippments, in the whole world, after a "special" month of march...  

Definitely in the UK, this is completely irrelevant. The Wii is hardly ever in stock, and the PS3 has only recently dropped out of the top ten. Although the Wii may sell well sometimes, most of the time it is not on the chart because there is still a great shortage. There is still a general lack of stock (although Game have had them in stock for nearly a week, although Game force you to buy 4 games with it)

add me

Amazon sucks as a sales gauge.