By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PAL Regions get screwed over again by Nintendo this time SSMB

I found this news item on CVG

=============================================================================

It's good news that Mario Kart Wii is still on track, but where the hell is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. on Nintendo's early 2008 release schedule, which turned up this morning?

Nowhere, that's where. And Nintendo UK has confirmed to CVG that this is because it's currently not planned to come out in the first half of next year, despite previous release fixtures.

In Nintendo's words: "[Super Smash Bros. Brawl] is currently not planned for a release in Q1 or Q2 next year."

It was expected out before Christmas. Then it was shortly after Christmas. Now it appears we're not likely to get our Brawl on before July. Damn it!

Nintendo has not offered any reasoning whatsoever for the delay. So you'll just have to wait.

Source
=============================================================================
Its looking like we in the PAL Regions will be waiting till at least Q3 for it and thats like 6 months after the US will have it for.

Sorry if I come off as a some whinger but geeze look at all the delays we had this year that didn't help. I mean Metroid came out here like 2 weeks before Mario Galaxy and was swallowed up in Galaxy success. If it had come out like 2 months prior it may of sold better.

Not to mention we had to wait 7 months for Paper Mario to reach our markets

Did a type can a mod change the title to SSBB

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

OMG! Not even Q2!?!?!

I'm so mad now!

This was already posted like three times, but thanks for rubbing it in a bit more.

grrr..

once again I thank god modding is legal in Australia.

another game that will require a US import.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Parokki said:
This was already posted like three times, but thanks for rubbing it in a bit more.

grrr..

Not rubbing it in I am really pissed as I was expecting it out here like Maybe March or April

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Around the Network

These list always leave games off, Maybe they did it because they will announce Brawl on its own because its a big game.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

It's also going to cost 599 U.S. dollars.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I just read this on gonintendo. I cant believe it what does this mean for us countrys down under? I hope we get Mario Kart way earlier than america for this.

- guys how do you modd a wii?? (just askin as this delay has screwed my life lol :P)

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

You don't know Craig? Everybody knows Craig.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

F*****G B******S X__________X.