By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Premium to Arcade sales ratio -- From VGC's nubmers

I figured the aracade 360 was selling pretty well given that it is sold out or very thin at every shop I've been in.  From VGCs numbers, Marvel and Forza 2 are about 200K with total consoles sales in America of 250K.  That would mean 200K premium (with pack-ins) and 50K everything else -- arcade, Halo, and elite.  Does this sound about right?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

elite comes with the combo pack also, Halo edition is not very popular. Its probably safe to assume 50k is the arcade edition

the elite has pack ins too, unless my store just added them in separately.

i went to best buy last night to replace my celly, and they had lots of arcade's and some halo editions but only about 3 elite's. i don't know if sony just made a whole lot of ps3's but they had a mountain of the stripped down version.

i went to best buy last night to replace my celly, and they had lots of arcade's and some halo editions but only about 3 elite's. i don't know if sony just made a whole lot of ps3's but they had a mountain of the stripped down version.

Around the Network

This fits with all the numbers I have heard in the past. Something like a third of 360 owners aren't online and I would imagine those are mostly arcade units. I remember reading somewhere last year when they were still losing money on the system that it made up about 20% of sales. They were happy with that because it provided a low cost alternative even though they lost more money on it.

Anecdotally the only 360s I could find after Black Friday were Halo and Arcade. The two game bundle was a great move.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

A third of X360s aren't online, regardless if they're premiums, cores or elites.

Up till now, only 10% of Xbox 360's sold were Core units. Appearently, the Arcade is now selling 20-25% of the total X360 sales since it's debut. Also, I've seen a few posts stating that the Arcade is vastly exceeding MS expectations. Hopefully this is a good sign, and MS lowers the price, and puts more marketing into it, since MS has to pay about $10 for the games, if that.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

i think even elite is bundled,and i say about 35k is arcade sales

As a side note, I wonder how the low stock of 360 hardware in the wild (at least in my area) affected sales... I haven't seen an elite in stock for quite a while now -- maybe pushing a month now. I have seen premiums in stock once or twice but regularly they are sold out as well at my local big box retail stores. I have seen Halo 360s out there and an arcade here and there... I can't believe MS would make that big of a blunder. Maybe stuffing they channel last holiday bit them on the ass this holiday as retailers refused to take as much stock this holiday.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
As a side note, I wonder how the low stock of 360 hardware in the wild (at least in my area) affected sales... I haven't seen an elite in stock for quite a while now -- maybe pushing a month now. I have seen premiums in stock once or twice but regularly they are sold out as well at my local big box retail stores. I have seen Halo 360s out there and an arcade here and there... I can't believe MS would make that big of a blunder. Maybe stuffing they channel last holiday bit them on the ass this holiday as retailers refused to take as much stock this holiday.

Err, how do yo know they just aren't selling out because they're so popular? Why do you assume the worst that MS isn't providing enough?