By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE FIGHT - PSMove true 1:1

nightsurge said:
Icyedge said:
nightsurge said:

I've gotta say the animations for the moves you do look really awkward and clearly pre-scripted.  It's also going to be annoying to have to move all your friends out of the picture when setting it up....

After all, it can only track where your hand position is, not your elbows or other parts of you that are necessary for getting the correct interpretation of your actual punches, jabs, uppercuts, etc.

I'm with naz on this one.

By tracking the hand you know where the rest of the arm is. If you move your elbow, the hand is also moving, so you know where the elbow is. And, just so you know, when you calibrate, it measure the size of your arm so the in game avatar have the same arm lenght as you. If you wanna see for yourself the arm moving accordingly look at 6:47.

I watched the whole video.  It still looked like only the hands were tracked correctly.  I can move my hands in the same exact path a multitude of ways yet have different elbow positions each time.

All the punches during the actual fighting just seem off.  The angles and position of the elbows don't seem to match up well at all.

Yes but you seem to forget PSmove also tracks the angle. So it can tell where your elbow is. Now im not arguing that they are doing 1:1 during actual fight or not.