By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 'Guitar compatibility' patch coming soon to PS3 Rock Band

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/05/guitar-compatibility-patch-coming-soon-to-ps3-rock-band/

Take heart, PS3 Rock Band owners: To hear one Harmonix poster tell it on the game's official forums, you're just moments away from being able to mount your own four-piece outfit. Harmonix staffer "Sean" writes that a patch should arrive today that will enable Guitar Hero III controllers to be used with the game, which, as Rock Band guitars aren't available individually, will be the first time that four-player action will be feasible.

The only question mark now is exactly when the update will become available. Sean writes, "We're trying to find out what the holdup is and I'll get back to you when I know." For now, it looks like you should just keep your rocking hand well-oiled and keep an eye on this thread.

----------------------------------------------

About time.  Only bad thing about this is the poor people who don't have online.  I think they should offer up some kind of disc to be distributed at local stores.  I remember when the co-op for guitar hero 3 needed a patch as well.  Well at least a fix is coming.

Around the Network

Now people can fully "Rock Out" on their PS3s, I was wondering when they'd fix that, I'm sure PS3 owners who bought the game will definetly enjoy that.

Yeah I freaking love rock band. Is nice to be able to use another guitar since the one that it comes with kind of sucks I think. I personally use the one from guitar hero 2.

I'd just like to thank elnino for showing us that it's not just "GH3 fanboys" who think the RB guitar sucks.

elnino334 said:
Yeah I freaking love rock band. Is nice to be able to use another guitar since the one that it comes with kind of sucks I think. I personally use the one from guitar hero 2.

Have you found a good way to use the GH2 with the PS3 or are you using the PS2 version of rock band? 

Around the Network
windbane said:
elnino334 said:

Have you found a good way to use the GH2 with the PS3 or are you using the PS2 version of rock band? 

I am sorry I have the 360 version of rock band so using the guitar hero 2 guitar from the 360 version.  This patch should allow you to use the guitar hero 3 guitar which again is alot better then the rock band.  This game kicks ass no matter what system is on.

Ah, fair enough. I'm still waiting for a worthy PS2-PS3 adaptor that correctly translates the GH2 guitar to PS3.

Does the Rock Band Guitar work with GH3, because I suppose that might solve my problems since I could just get both bundles and call it a day. Whoever played bass would get the reject guitar I guess, heh.