By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why did you quit Christianity?

mysticwolf said:

because of science.

I thought science and Religion go hand in hand. 

Around the Network

How do science and religion go hand in hand? Unless you're talking about... Creationist... Yeah.

WessleWoggle said:

How do science and religion go hand in hand? Unless you're talking about... Creationist... Yeah.

I believe in science, not convinced by Creastionists at all.

e.g.  Big Bang theory - i have no problem with it at all.  I thnk science will ultimately unveil how God created the world.

Evolution?  whatever and however science can prove it, i have no problems with them as a Christian.

Coca-Cola said:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38474711/ns/today-books/?gt1=43001

Ann Rice has her reasons and i can respect that, but I don't think she needed quit Christianity.

If you quit Christianity, what are your reasons?

Its a false religion. Follows tales from other religions.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Coca-Cola said:

Ann Rice has her reasons and i can respect that, but I don't think she needed quit Christianity.

Christianity is a false religion?  or all religion are false?

Around the Network
Coca-Cola said:
ssj12 said:
Coca-Cola said:

Christianity is a false religion?  or all religion are false?

well the majority is false, but Christianity is probably one of the worst offenders for stolen tales and stories from past religions. Majority of all Christian tales from Adam and Eve the birth of Jesus is stolen from Sumarian tales.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I actually left Christianity for a while. I just didn't feel a connection to God anymore. Then, about 2-3 months ago, I my family went through a pretty big crisis, my dad had a stroke. After that my dad seemed much more in tune with God than ever before. At first I thought that he was just excited about not dying, but then I began to feel a connection to God as well. Now I'm back as a devout Roman Catholic Christian.

As bad as his stroke was, it really brought my family closer together, and closer to God.

i was never in it the first place!

(this post is useless)

Edit : Anne Rice is such an attention whore ! , just a little Shying away less than Stephenie Meyer in the "Lolwtfisthiscrap" writers department, no where near as good as the other female "gothic" fantasy writer J K Rowling or Laurell K Hamilton!

now this post is useful

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

RolStoppable said:

They wanted about €70 per year from me. I didn't see any reason to pay, so I quit.

Did you give up Christianity for Lent?

SmoothCriminal said:

I actually left Christianity for a while. I just didn't feel a connection to God anymore. Then, about 2-3 months ago, I my family went through a pretty big crisis, my dad had a stroke. After that my dad seemed much more in tune with God than ever before. At first I thought that he was just excited about not dying, but then I began to feel a connection to God as well. Now I'm back as a devout Roman Catholic Christian.

As bad as his stroke was, it really brought my family closer together, and closer to God.

I find it interesting how some people have this connection, while others don't.  Maybe it is how some people's minds are wired.  I personally don't see this level of connection myself.  I went from Roman Catholic in youth, to agnostic when I was 18.  I am now coming up on 25 years of walking through the Christian faith, trusting I would find something.  I look at my life now, and have to say it is worse than it was 25 years ago.  I am not out of the Christian faith now, but getting there.  I am still hanging on to see if things will turn around.  I could see soon I will likely just move on and focus on other things.  I just don't have that connection.  Not sure why some do though.  I do hope in all this, I don't display an arrogance people tend to have when they walk away, and will tend to just not think on things.  It is like a bit of bitterness, basically mocking and ridiculing some things people find sacred.  People need to keep in mind that if God is a human creation, then it is humans themselves doing the evil.  Hard to blame something that isn't there for doing evil.  People don't yell at the tooth fairy or easter bunny for all sorts of evil.