By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - will the "Xbox " brand be another cash cow for Microsoft in the future?

Thoughts?

Around the Network

it will in the usa and the uk because of videomarketplace ect but elsewhere in the world no

Depends how the next iteration does. This gen they had a one year lead and lost it in the next. If they think of something new then i think that it will.

Not easily due to competition.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

is xbox a cash cow for ms? I think windows is the cash cow for ms >>

isn't xbox losing a bit of money for every console or something, and that 1billion for repairs a lost also? not sure if xbox can be called a cash cow.

even ps2 wasn't a cash cow for sony it seems and ps2 are everywhere, someone posted it only gave over 2bil profit for sony and already gonna waste that on ps3.

Around the Network

That was 2 billion in profit in 2004!. The PS3 was a money leaching mistake not likely followed by either Microsoft or Sony in the future.

Cash cow? Not in the typical Microsoft sense of it being profitable by billions consistently. But, I think profitable is just about certain.

Not if they want to make profit in Japan. The name of their next console has to change.

Also, define "cash cow," since MS game division has struggled to break even since the XBox was introduced. If anything, Windows + Office are the MS game divisions.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.