By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Gnizmo said:
So we are 100 posts in and only one person is suspicious of me? I need to forget to post more often!

So the question  apparently is why would Makingmusic play so coy on the first day. The way I see it lynching him is most likely bad for the town. Now it is possible that Nen put in a role invisible to everyone, but was somehow working against the town. This seems like the most bullshit possible role to give to anti-town. Either he is compelled to post, which doesn't appear to be the case, or Nen decided it would be funny to have the town possible be unable to win at all. Fun. I am going to proceed as if Nen is not so annoying as to pull that kind of horse shit.

There is, naturally, a caveat. Should someone have a power to potentially reveal invisible players this all kind of breaks down. If such a power exists then now is the time to reveal it. Otherwise it seems a mistake to lynch him. Invisible anti-town would be able to operate with impunity and successfully cripple the town for the entire game, and clinch an easy win.

In short, all signs point to Makingmusic being innocent from my perspective.

Well, I said that I imagined such a role would come with a requirement to post unless nen-suer was really dumb, and MM476 said "I am actually quite sure nen-suer has thought this through rather well.  ^_^"  While very nonspecific it could indeed mean that he is required to make his presence known. 

This would be very odd for an antitown role because it would make him so high profile.  On the other hand it makes even less sense for a protown role because if he has to post then he becomes known and therefore (I presume) no less targetable.  It would only make a difference to mafia that hunt from the scoreboard. 

My question for you regards this:  "Either he is compelled to post, which doesn't appear to be the case,"
Why do you think he is not compelled to post?  I don't know what brought you to that conclusion. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

also, hatmoza has a serious point, as that role describes makingmusic perfectly.

Unvote: makingmusic (still FoS)

Vote: Nothing yet

dsister said:

Jester is a horrible role. I seriously doubt that Nen would ruin the game by adding it

I absolutely agree (sorry nen).

the thought of having a jester in the game seriously turned me off.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
on second thought
Unvote
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Jester

I don't know what makes you think he's a jester.  Aside from his being difficult. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

The Jester role sounds awesome lol.

Around the Network

I hate flip flopping all the time, so I'll stay by my nothing yet vote until more controversy.

Jester's not too unusual a role and I don't tink it would "ruin the game" if it were there, but it is troublesome.

I think lynching a Jester is usually worth it, if oly to get them out of the damn game.

The only problem I have with lynching MM is that if he's anti-town, then his role makes him too obvious a target. He feels too clear, too weak, to be a well-constructed anti-town role.

Final-Fan said:
hatmoza said:
on second thought
Unvote
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Jester

I don't know what makes you think he's a jester.  Aside from his being difficult. 

Are you serious? 

He's deliberately trying to get lynched. At least that's how I see him, and he isn't exactly trying to prevent himself from getting lynched ... look at those ":3" look how he mocks us >:[

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Final-Fan said:

Well, I said that I imagined such a role would come with a requirement to post unless nen-suer was really dumb, and MM476 said "I am actually quite sure nen-suer has thought this through rather well.  ^_^"  While very nonspecific it could indeed mean that he is required to make his presence known. 

This would be very odd for an antitown role because it would make him so high profile.  On the other hand it makes even less sense for a protown role because if he has to post then he becomes known and therefore (I presume) no less targetable.  It would only make a difference to mafia that hunt from the scoreboard. 

My question for you regards this:  "Either he is compelled to post, which doesn't appear to be the case,"
Why do you think he is not compelled to post?  I don't know what brought you to that conclusion.

The fact that he is the only one invisible so far makes me wonder about ot, but his responding to people is mostly what makes me think that. Had he left well enough alone it seems everything. It was obviously getting him in a deeper hole but he kept digging. One post, and then half an eye on the thread would have been sufficient. Now if the stipulation was he had to post once, and then again every time someone mentioned him it would make sense, and might be worth checking into honestly. I am too lazy at the moment, but it would break my theory apart well.

I should also say that he still could be compelled to post even with my assessment. It is his continued presence past what most likely would have been the bare minimum that made me think  he wasn't simply following a stipulation of his role. It would make sense for it to be there, but it seems bad play to over expose yourself considering. Of course given who we are talking about I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see him goof this badly.

What really worries me is the fact that there are potentially 2 people who are "invisible" but one of them we haven't heard from. I really, really, really hate this mechanic and we aren't even out of day one.

@Dsister
I don't see any questions you asked that really make sense here? The only ones are the lynch stuff, but anyone who has played with me should remember that. I always try to stir up trouble and get someone lynched day one, and I always advocate lynching Falcon.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Khuutra said:

Jester's not too unusual a role and I don't tink it would "ruin the game" if it were there, but it is troublesome.

I think lynching a Jester is usually worth it, if oly to get them out of the damn game.

The only problem I have with lynching MM is that if he's anti-town, then his role makes him too obvious a target. He feels too clear, too weak, to be a well-constructed anti-town role.

I'd hate to let him win so easily. I want the town to finish first -_- I don't settle for sloppy seconds. However, if the scum can do us a favor over night he won't win because he has to be lynched to win.