By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

I agree with what everyone is saying about makingmusic. No real risk in killing him.

Vote: makingmusic

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:

I agree with what everyone is saying about makingmusic. No real risk in killing him.

Unless he is an invisible bomb and one of the people who voted for him gets randomly blown up... but hey, that's not likely, right....?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Khuutra said:
makingmusic476 said:

Let's say, theoretically, that any role I might have does make me "invisible" or something similar.   Claiming to not be in the game would actually serve me quite well, as I would then be free from any and all suspicious eyes, leaving me to carry out my nightly duties in peace.

That being said, I would certainly not be helping the town if that were the case.  It'd be a very self-servient action to take.  Assuming, of course, that I do indeed have such a role.

:3

But not for the reason you think.

I would sooner assume that admitting to being in the game would get you killed or something, and even admitting that would get you killed, but that's a bad role and I don't like it.

Everyone is convinced you're either evil or not playing, so lynching you wouldn't hurt anyone in any case.

I'm fine with that.

But here's my reason:

If you're pro-town, then saying that you aren't playing and thereby hiding as a target means that you can help the town better, if only for a single night. You help the town better by acting selfishly if you are pro-town.

DIE

I... I suppose? 

I understand that not revealing the specifics of one's role can be greatly benefitial to the town (cop having more nights to investigate, etc.), but I don't believe the positives of staying completely hidden (not getting killed, etc.) outweigh the negatives (being unable to discuss ANYTHING with his or her allies).  A player with such a role would have to come clean at some point, assuming they are not anti-town.  Might as well do it earlier rather than later.  The knowledge that said player is in the game would be no different than that knowledge that anybody else is in the game, so it's unlikely the Mafia would target such a person unless they have reason to believe they're a hindrance to victory (cop, doctor, etc.).

Though that begs the question of why make an invisible character in the first place?  :3

And besides, I've never been one to act selfishly in the games I've played.  It's actually rather hard for me to do.  I've tried my best when I'm scum of course, but I can't help but fail miserably, with you guys trying to make me grow taller in just a few days.

Tanstalas said:
RCTjunkie said:

Unless he is an invisible bomb and one of the people who voted for him gets randomly blown up... but hey, that's not likely, right....?

You never know.  :3

Tanstalas said:
RCTjunkie said:

hmm.... I did read what you said and you have a point. However, he could be a mafia suicide bomber, giving us an advantage even if he takes out a townie, and if he's a townie suicide bomber we would lose benefit unless he takes out a mafia member.

I'm guessing 50% both options, and by my calculations, we (assuming you are townie) have a higher chance of benefiting from voting out makingmusic, plus there is the possibility he's not even a bomber.

I'm going to take my chances and stick with my vote.

Around the Network

Hey MM476, any hints on the other blank spot in the roster? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

Hey MM476, any hints on the other blank spot in the roster? 

There are multiple invisible players?  One player is a chameleon, and the person's name is really there, only in white?  Aliens hacked the website and removed ioi's name from the spot?  Or maybe Nen-suer's just too lazy to fix the roster? 

I dunno.  ^_^

^^^

???

oooo kay ... lets  lynch the fuck out of MM.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

@Makingmusic

name claim!

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

LOL wow, MM is in a pickle already. I think it's too early to lynch somebody.

Vote:No Lynch