By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Well, I missed out on a lot of posting.  I'll try to catch up a bit. 

Some general comments: 

I used to be pretty hardcore No Lynch on the first day unless something crazy happened (kind of like MM476), but now I'm looser with it.  But No Lynch is still the default; something has to happen (or fail to happen, like lurking) to deviate me from it. 

trangentspree said something about wanting a long first day so we could sniff out lurkers, but that could well make this day drag out.  If that happens I will No Lynch without hesitation. 

More specific replies to follow. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
I'm inclined to vite No Lynch because it seems wasteful for the town to do the mafia's job for them, but dsister brings up a good point when he says that the more folks talk the better off the town will be. 

With that in mind, I'll vote No Lynch for now, just in case the majority wants to move the game along and I'm not online at the time, but I'll rescind it if we start a more serious discussion. 

LYNCH ALL LIARS!!!11!!eleven

jk for the reading impaired

but seriously nen saying you're going to vote and then not voting is just cheesy.  Or am I blind? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

hatmoza said:
Final-Fan in his 15plus games of playing Mafia has never been lynched! ... Just thought that was a fun fact.

Really?!  Well ... don't start now. 

But seriously are you sure about that?  Because, well, I'm pretty sure I started playing in Round 5.  Even though I don't think I've missed any games ... that would only make this my 14th game. 
So I guess I'm unlynchable for the next two games (counting this one).  All thanks to you! 

Okay, I have a couple suspicions now.  I'll get to one after some more research (rereading the thread, sigh) but I want to get the other one out there. 

makingmusic476 is still not on the OP list.  Considering that nen-suer has edited that OP list to include SM128's No Lynch vote, the "invisible assassin" hypothesis is looking a lot more likely IMO. 

Final-Fan said:

Okay, I have a couple suspicions now.  I'll get to one after some more research (rereading the thread, sigh) but I want to get the other one out there. 

makingmusic476 is still not on the OP list.  Considering that nen-suer has edited that OP list to include SM128's No Lynch vote, the "invisible assassin" hypothesis is looking a lot more likely IMO. 

Because maybe if we lynch him he will turn into a lightpole, like what happened in a previous game?
Or i could be totally out to lunch there...
Mm and nen are the only ones who know for sure...
Btw - i prefer dr. pepper

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

Ok, I'm going to say what I define as a lurker

>1 post in 48 hours

Or someone that posts a lot that has nothing to do with the thread....

I would really like 2 posts a day from everybody, but one game related post every 48 hours is acceptable

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Sorry guys, I was out at the amusement park all day (my wife had a corporate special on getting into Canada's Wonderland).

To those asking why I'm arrogant enough to consider myself high-profile: it's because I'm arrogant and boisterous enough that every single time I've tried to lead the town, I've lead the town, and the town has never lost with me on their side (that I can remember). I'm active and loud and an obvious target. The fact that I'm so obvious is what makes me a difficult target, so I tend to survive most games anyway, but I haven't played in a while so I felt I needed to re-assert that.

As has been said rightly by other players (particularly the classy-classy hatmoza), I will probably be investigated tonight. If I'm Mafia, I will be lynched - though I would, in that case, try to argue my way out of it so tenaciously that it would be hard to lynch me. If I'm Town, then I'll do what I do.

@TheRepublic (I think it was you):

I know there are power roles - I was trying to drop a teensy weensy hint that I might be vanilla. Not that I am, just that the misdirection is important. I'm saying this now because I realize that that's technically a lie, and I believe in "lynch all liars" but I also don't want to be stabbed.

SERIOUS QUESTION YOU GUYS, READ THIS PART:

Is makingmusic in the game? If so, should we lynch him? I don't normally like lynching on the first day (I always say not to), but I've never heard of this "invisible assassin" thing. It makes me nervous. It's annti-Town. Worth killing, if that's what he is.

Okay, I made a list of all the posts in this thread!  I was kind of expecting to find Silver-Tiger absent; he was an extreme lurker last game, and I died on the night before I was going to call him out on it.  Argh!  Anyway, he did post in this game, but only once so far, basically to say "hey I'm here".  Inspiring. 

c03n3nj0  ZERO
dsister   llll/llll/lll THIRTEEN
Falcon095  ll TWO
Final-Fan  llll/l FIVE SIX
Gnizmo   ZERO
GodOfWar_3ever  llll/llll/ll TWELVE
Hatmoza   llll/llll NINE
Hephaestos  ZERO
Khuutra   llll/l SIX 
Nikells   llll/llll NINE
noname2200  ll TWO
RCTjunkie  lll THREE
sabby_e17  llll/lll EIGHT
Silver-Tiger  l ONE
SnakeEyez  ZERO
Soleron   llll/ FIVE
Stefl1504  llll/ FIVE
supermario128  llll FOUR
tanstalas  llll FOUR
theRepublic  llll/lll EIGHT
trangentspree  llll/llll/l ELEVEN
Vetteman94  l ONE
((makingmusic476)) llll/l SIX

Non-players
[[nen-suer]]  lll
[TruckOSaurus]  l

THERE ARE EIGHT PLAYERS WITH TWO POSTS OR LESS

[edit:  corrected my own count to count this post ]

Khuutra said:

Sorry guys, I was out at the amusement park all day (my wife had a corporate special on getting into Canada's Wonderland).

To those asking why I'm arrogant enough to consider myself high-profile: it's because I'm arrogant and boisterous enough that every single time I've tried to lead the town, I've lead the town, and the town has never lost with me on their side (that I can remember). I'm active and loud and an obvious target. The fact that I'm so obvious is what makes me a difficult target, so I tend to survive most games anyway, but I haven't played in a while so I felt I needed to re-assert that.

As has been said rightly by other players (particularly the classy-classy hatmoza), I will probably be investigated tonight. If I'm Mafia, I will be lynched - though I would, in that case, try to argue my way out of it so tenaciously that it would be hard to lynch me. If I'm Town, then I'll do what I do.

@TheRepublic (I think it was you):

I know there are power roles - I was trying to drop a teensy weensy hint that I might be vanilla. Not that I am, just that the misdirection is important. I'm saying this now because I realize that that's technically a lie, and I believe in "lynch all liars" but I also don't want to be stabbed.

SERIOUS QUESTION YOU GUYS, READ THIS PART:

Is makingmusic in the game? If so, should we lynch him? I don't normally like lynching on the first day (I always say not to), but I've never heard of this "invisible assassin" thing. It makes me nervous. It's annti-Town. Worth killing, if that's what he is.

Bravo!  another canadian!
On topic.. i'm not sure about the "invisible assassin" thing...
Mm could be mafia, or a vigilante and pro-town
Being 'newer' to mafia games, (this is my 2nd full one), i will leave the discussion to you guys

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Final-Fan said:

Okay, I made a list of all the posts in this thread!  I was kind of expecting to find Silver-Tiger absent; he was an extreme lurker last game, and I died on the night before I was going to call him out on it.  Argh!  Anyway, he did post in this game, but only once so far, basically to say "hey I'm here".  Inspiring. 

c03n3nj0  ZERO
dsister   llll/llll/lll THIRTEEN
Falcon095  ll TWO
Final-Fan  llll/l FIVE SIX
Gnizmo   ZERO
GodOfWar_3ever  llll/llll/ll TWELVE
Hatmoza   llll/llll NINE
Hephaestos  ZERO
Khuutra   llll/l SIX 
Nikells   llll/llll NINE
noname2200  ll TWO
RCTjunkie  lll THREE