By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s07hpVZuLR0

Around the Network
devon37 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s07hpVZuLR0

What the hell does that have anything to do with my thread?

My laptop scored really low on the benchmark, but I still think it'll be able to run it. Many people also reported lower scores for ATi cards. Benchmark was made by NVidia...

According to the current requirements, I shouldn't have an issue playing it and even if it's higher, in the past I've ran games being well below the system requirements (an 8-9 years old PC) with no problems.

lolita said:

My laptop scored really low on the benchmark, but I still think it'll be able to run it. Many people also reported lower scores for ATi cards. Benchmark was made by NVidia...

According to the current requirements, I shouldn't have an issue playing it and even if it's higher, in the past I've ran games being well below the system requirements (an 8-9 years old PC) with no problems.

I ran it three times yesterday to mess around. I got three different scores. 5300 5500 and 5600.

and my CPU was at no higher than 25%.

So that benchmark is definitely off. I know I can definitely run it, but hopefully around the time the game comes. They release a more accurate version.

Where is the official "FFXIV VGChartz Linkshell Group" thread?

I'll be playing on PC

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
Tanstalas said:

I'll be playing on PC

Sweet! I'll ad ya to the list! :D

What nation you plan on going to?

Square-Enix france is giving out 2,000 beta invites! They will be given out at Japan Expo 2010.

FINAL FANTASY XIV FOR WINDOWS PC CONFIRMED FOR SEPTEMBER 30, 2010 RELEASEFINAL FANTASY XIV PC Collector’s Edition to Offer Early Access to the Realm of Eorzea
LOS ANGELES (June 30, 2010) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that the highly anticipated massively multiplayer online game FINAL FANTASY® XIV is set for global release on September 30, 2010 for Windows PC.

In advance of the September 30 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV PC Collector’s Edition will offer early access to adventurers eager to embark on this new chapter in the FINAL FANTASY series. In addition, the Beta phase for the Windows PC version will begin in early July 2010.
Title

FINAL FANTASY XIV

FINAL FANTASY XIV

Collector’s Edition

Platform

PC

Street Date

September 30, 2010 - Standard Edition

September 22, 2010 - Collector's Edition

Price

$49.99 SRP

$74.99 SRP

Subscription

$12.99/30 days

Languages

English, French, German, Japanese

Genre

MMORPG

Contents

Standard Edition preorders will include a reward code to receive an exclusive in-game item, the Garlond Goggles.*

FREE GAMEPLAY – Free gameplay for 30 days.

GAME DISC

GAME MANUAL

IN-GAME ITEM – Collector’s Edition preorders will include a reward code to receive an exclusive in-game item, the Onion Helm.*

EARLY ACCESS – Play 8 days prior to the release of the Windows PC Standard Edition (timing of access subject to initial server capacity).

BEHIND-THE-SCENES DVD – Get an insider look at the making of FINAL FANTASY XIV, with exclusive video content, interviews and more in this special documentary DVD.

SECURITY TOKEN – A FINAL FANTASY XIV–branded Security Token for use with your regular password.

TRAVEL JOURNAL – Record your travels in this beautifully bound journal filled with pages of never-before-seen concept art.

RIGHT OF PASSAGE – Redeem a voucher to receive your fully-personalized Right of Passage Certificate, each stamped with a unique serial number.

AMANO COVER – Special PC Collector’s Edition illustration by renowned artist Yoshitaka Amano.

FREE GAMEPLAY – Free gameplay for 30 days.

GAME DISC

GAME MANUAL

ESRB

Teen

Copyright

© 2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All rights reserved.

Official Site

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Wagram said:
Tanstalas said:

I'll be playing on PC

Whichever has the LEAST annoying music

The Elvaan city of 12 drove me nuts everytime I went there, San D'oria I think it was?

Played a Galka and a Taru in 12 

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Tanstalas said:
Wagram said:
Tanstalas said:

I'll be playing on PC

Whichever has the LEAST annoying music

The Elvaan city of 12 drove me nuts everytime I went there, San D'oria I think it was?

Played a Galka and a Taru in 12 

Game starts on Sept 22nd for C.E.people and Sept 30th for S.D. people.

I'll be starting the 22nd, sucks that the PS3 users got a possible delay. But let's look at this in a positive light. They will not have nearly as many bugs at launch.