By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

well, I just got a new copy of XI,  which I havent played for ages, im gonna make a new characther and stuff once it finishes downloading, any advice?

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Tanstalas said:
Wagram said:
Oniichan said:
Wagram said:
Oniichan said:

Finally decided my character in full.. I believe the below will give an aura around her im working towards for her back story.

Race: Miqo'te - Keepers of the Moon

Class: Pugilist

Region:  Ul'Dah

As stated before. ill be grabbing the PC collectors edition launch day and getting the PS3 version once it release next year. Only 2 months to go. Cant wait!

GameStop will be getting in-store copies on the 26th or so. Have to order off the net if you want launch day.

Im in Australia mate.. we don't have GameStop.

Ill be getting it from GAME via pre-order online. Cause i think just like GameStop very few stores will have the collectors edition on launch day.

The only thing i now have to choose for my character is the clan. Ul'Dah has got its clans up on the offical site yet. So that will have to wait.

This wait for this game is just killing me. I know the first few weeks are going to be buggy. But I don't care.

I don't know if it will be that buggy, Squeenix usually puts out a good game, now if you meant buggy as in exploits, oh yeah, I can see that, FFXII had a shitload of exploits using windower...

I also hope that Squeenix does something to discourage gil farming right off the bat.  I think Blizzard tried to do that with gear that binded on equip, but that also sucked

Meant as in server crashing. Will probably have quite a few maintenaces. Hopefully this time western folks will not get shafted with maintenace ALL THE TIME. >.<

Oh shit..

Yeah I forgot about that :(

Hopefully they have some servers in NA and can do maintance at early AM our time

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

SciFiBoy said:

well, I just got a new copy of XI,  which I havent played for ages, im gonna make a new characther and stuff once it finishes downloading, any advice?

LOL - should see if my account is still active, you could be rich with the stuff I have on my account ;)

Major price drops have struck XI with Abyssea coming out.

SciFiBoy said:

I think we should ALL reinstall it and play together to get pumped for 14... actually nevermind... I would if my account is still there, but been more than 6 months I think since I cancelled

Around the Network
Tanstalas said:
SciFiBoy said:

I think we should ALL reinstall it and play together to get pumped for 14... actually nevermind... I would if my account is still there, but been more than 6 months I think since I cancelled

I quit XI for a year once and my character was still there. I think they only delete it if you are a beginner that goes nowhere.

Wagram said:
Tanstalas said:
SciFiBoy said:

I quit XI for a year once and my character was still there. I think they only delete it if you are a beginner that goes nowhere.

Hmmmm....

May have to check then :)  I hope I can find my booklet, cuz noway in hell I remember my POL ID, all I remember is QBCU and then 4 numbers... :P

Wagram said:

Major price drops have struck XI with Abyssea coming out.

Wow, that is disgustingly cheap $19.99 for the game and the first 4 x-packs

4 Expansion packs and the 3 add-ons.

I have seen it for 10 dollars on steam.

yep, I got the game on Steam (with all expansions too) for £14.99, 65% downloading right now!

I dunno about my old characther, cant remember any of my old login details so I doubt I can recover it.

edit: better yet, description from Steam:

FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION includes the following:

• FINAL FANTASY XI: The award-winning original game

Four expansions:

• Rise of the Zilart®
  • Chains of Promathia®
  • Treasures of Aht Urhgan®
  • Wings of the Goddess®

3 add-on scenarios:

• A Crystalline Prophecy™ — Ode of Life Bestowing
  • A Moogle Kupo d'Etat™ — Evil in Small Doses
  • A Shantotto Ascension™ — The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born