By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 in 3D was a huge disappointment.

After playing it in 2D and loving the graphics, the gameplay, and the updated control schemes, I was impressed with this game.

I was curious to test out 3D gaming, so I waited 2 hours for the Killzone 3 in 3D demo.

Needless to say, it was not worth the wait.  The graphics took a major hit, most noticeable in texture levels and antialiasing.  The 3D demos also did not have sound for some reason.  And to top it all off, the 3D effect wasn't even noticeable at all.  I literally did not notice any added depth or anything popping out at me in 3D.  It was a huge disappointment.

Granted, it was still pre-alpha footage, but still.. I was expecting something exciting from 3D gaming and didn't get it.

Around the Network

Dude you being there at E3 alone makes me jealous :D!

I'm glad to hear that Killzone 3 has improved over Killzone 2, which can only be a good thing!!

But if there's nothing popping out at ya like bullets whizzing past ya, what's the whole point 3D?

Cross-X said:

Dude you being there at E3 alone makes me jealous :D!

I'm glad to hear that Killzone 3 has improved over Killzone 2, which can only be a good thing!!

But if there's nothing popping out at ya like bullets whizzing past ya, what's the whole point 3D?

Lol, I agree!  If it weren't for my super slow internet at this hotel, I'd upload all my videos to youtube for everyone.

If you are interested, all my pics are on my picasa:

http://picasaweb.google.com/114673562934524488291

can you try out gran turismo 5 in 3d?

Well lets see if they can improve it. The game doesn't even have a release date so they have time.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Around the Network

Wow.

Most major gaming sites have been saying that KZ3 3D is absolutely amazing, however other titles such as Motorstorm don't cut it.

Have you tried any other 3D titles yet to compare?

Is it good fun at E3 btw? :)

Well even if Killzone 3 takes a huge hit in graphics it will still be an amazing looking game.

I saw 3D for the first time at best buy about a week ago (not game related) and it was amazing...the difference is huge imo.   Now if they can take that to gaming I am sold!

Did you forget to press the buttons on the side of the 3D glasses?

BBH said:

Wow.

Most major gaming sites have been saying that KZ3 3D is absolutely amazing, however other titles such as Motorstorm don't cut it.

I heard that the Motorstorm in 3D was crap so I didn't try that.  GT5 I also saw a noticeable hit in graphics, but the 3D effect was a quite a bit more noticeable than the Killzone 3 in 3D.  Still not what I would call amazing and no where near comparable to a 3D movie.

E3 is amazing!  Check out my other thread I just made for more reasons why I love E3! Lol!

nightsurge said:
BBH said:

Wow.

I heard that the Motorstorm in 3D was crap so I didn't try that.  GT5 I also saw a noticeable hit in graphics, but the 3D effect was a quite a bit more noticeable than the Killzone 3 in 3D.  Still not what I would call amazing and no where near comparable to a 3D movie.

E3 is amazing!  Check out my other thread I just made for more reasons why I love E3! Lol!

How big of a hit exactly? These games your talking about are potentialy the new graphical kings of their genre so they can afford to take a hit.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!