By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Sega have supported Wii Balance Board with recent titles?

Just thinking this today with Sonic vs Mario just being released - anyone think it would have been worth Segas while to put a little extra time into development and offer Wii Board as an additional control option.

Obviously probably only for the track and field (I would have personally offered this and online play with customised tournaments / declathons etc), also that Sonic Riders game coming out soon - surely this would have been perfect for the board.

I know the board is a gamble as nobody knows what sales will be like but hey to me it would have been worth including.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

I don't think they would have had the time to implement it. Especially Mario and Sonic which needed to release for holidays.

Maybe, just seems to me like they've missed a boat - imagine having 400, 800, 1500 metres using the wii board.

I would buy both for that kind of work out personally.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

I think they should have definitely added online. I can't imagine how amazing an 8 player 400m race would be. Even 2 player is amazing enough (if you are of similar ability) let alone 8 player.