By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your computer's not safe! Pop up

Hey guys,

NintendoTogepi's post made me want to bring this up. For some reason, when I visit this site, I often get a pop up from errclean.com or other sites. The pop up says "Your computer's not safe! blah balh blah" and then you can click ok/cancel or x the window.

Normally, I don't care about ads, I use them too to pay hosting on my sites. However, I can't find a way out of this ad. I click cancel or x the window but doing this gets me stuck in series of screens. First, it redirects vgchartz, then it throws another pop up, and then i usually can get back.

Has anyone else encountered this or is it just my computer? 

Around the Network

You may have a virus or trojan on your computer.

I recommend doing a virus scan immediately along with possibly acquiring Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy and running a scan for adware immediately.

Also switch to Firefox and download the Ad Block and No Script addons for a safer, more secure web experience.

For a more technical assessment of your computer, you may also wish to have a look at Hijack This which is a very good program for evaluating your computer that produces a log which you may post on the internet at certain help sites to be diagnosed by experts.

Another useful program for seeing your computer's insides is called Process Explorer which is essentially the Windows Task Manager only a bit better.

yeah i had this too. WOW's advice is now implemented

I want wii fit and I want it now

Words Of Wisdom beat me,

go get Spybot Search and Destroy and all will be fine !

Time to Work !

Hey I got that too! That was from THIS site?? I was wondering... Geezz, use IE one time....

Around the Network

Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to take my computer to the help desk and have it reformatted. It's been struggling for a while now and it's probably getting time to be cleaned up. I'll have to install that stuff next time to be more safe.