By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Commericals for third-party Wii games

How much TV advertising appears to be out there for third-party Wii games?

There has been a lot of complaints about third-party games not selling well, but I don't seem to see a lot of commericals to let people know what is out there -- especially when compared to the seemingly omnipresent "Wii would like to play" ads that Nintendo has done.

I remember Carnival Games having a heavy blitz -- and it sold rather well with medicore reviews.

More recently, I have seen several spots for Rayman Raviing Rabids 2 and even an EA Family Play sports commerical (featuring elderly woman playing defenisve back for the NFL's Washington Redskins).

Anyone else remember much else or know of much else?

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I did not mention the Mario vs. Sonic blitz because it is half Nintendo, half Sega -- so it is somewhat first party and somewhat third party, at least in my eyes.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

There was a ton of promotion for Boogie. It did terrible at the start but I think that was because it was a bad game. Sales seem to be decent in the long run tough.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

mike_intellivision said:

How much TV advertising appears to be out there for third-party Wii games?

There has been a lot of complaints about third-party games not selling well, but I don't seem to see a lot of commericals to let people know what is out there -- especially when compared to the seemingly omnipresent "Wii would like to play" ads that Nintendo has done.

I remember Carnival Games having a heavy blitz -- and it sold rather well with medicore reviews.

More recently, I have seen several spots for Rayman Raviing Rabids 2 and even an EA Family Play sports commerical (featuring elderly woman playing defenisve back for the NFL's Washington Redskins).

Anyone else remember much else or know of much else?

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I did not mention the Mario vs. Sonic blitz because it is half Nintendo, half Sega -- so it is somewhat first party and somewhat third party, at least in my eyes.

I love that commercial. I thought it'd be one of those Campbells commercials at first, but I love the ending.

On Topic: I really haven't seen much third party advertising for Wii exclusives. What I have seen, though, is mutliplatform games being advertised using the Wii boxart.