By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - joe Danger: play , create , share, Pain...lol..extensive info inside

well this game is set to release in North America ON PSN June 8th

you may get a guilty pleasure out of this game , but I think that's the whole IDEA

please read on!

HELLO GAMES ANNOUNCES JOE DANGER COMING TO PLAYSTATION®NETWORK EXCLUSIVELY

Guildford, England – March 5th 2010 – Hello Games, the double IGF nominated bright young indie start-up, today announced that they will be bringing the world’s first stunt-em-up Joe Danger as a console exclusive to PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system this spring.

Speaking earlier today Sean Murray, Managing Director said; “We’re giddy with anticipation to be coming to PS3, it’s frankly the most exciting day in Hello Games history so far. We’re a tiny team of four, trying to make a really big game, with some huge features like user generated content. We’re the developer, the publisher and marketing team for Joe Danger. At best we know how to do one of those, and even that’s arguable, it’s a rollercoaster ride.”

Hello Games also announced that the critically acclaimed Joe Danger will be part of Sony Computer Entertainment America’s (SCEA) PlayStation Network Publishing Fund. The “Pub Fund” helps foster the development and distribution of new and exciting games from independent developers by offsetting development and publishing costs that have proven to be barriers for many smaller, independent studios.

“We have a long standing history of nurturing new talent and introducing Hello Games through our Pub Fund initiative meets our goals of delivering innovative games and empowering the creative minds breaking into the industry,” said Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "Bringing a fresh take to classic arcade racing and delivering unique, user-generated content, Joe Danger broadens our Play, Create and Share genre and will provide PlayStation fans of all ages with a charming, rewarding and purely fun gameplay experience."

Sean added “2010 has already been amazing for Joe Danger, starting with three nominations for the IGF, and having had such an awesome response to our first trailer. When SCEA approached us, we knew the fit was a good one. It allows us to focus on doing what we enjoy most, making a great game.”

Hello Games recently released the first dazzling video of Joe Danger, which can be viewed here and they will be demonstrating Joe Danger to the world at GDC next week.

My name is Sean Murray. My three friends and I are making a game for PlayStation 3 called Joe Danger!

We’re a tiny indie outfit based in Guildford, UK (across the street from our friends at Media Molecule), and we’ve been having the most insanely awesome 2010 so far. To start, we revealed Joe Danger, then had lots of important people say really nice things about us. We’ve been nominated for two Independent Games Festival awards, a Direct2Drive Vision award and now we get to announce that we’re coming to Playstation 3. It feels good to finally tell someone. Whoop, whoop!

Joe Danger is the star of our game. He’s a down and out daredevil, this hapless little dude who’s known as, “The World’s Most Determined Stuntman.” You need to take Joe on the ride of his life and go from zero to hero, across over 50 eye-poppingly gorgeous and eye-wateringly dangerous levels. It’s what we like to call a “Stunt-‘Em-Up,” and your job is to combo, boost and pull ludicrous tricks to fill stadiums and put Joe back on the podium.

Before starting Hello Games together, we all worked at much bigger companies on huge teams, making some amazing games like Burnout and Black. Creating our own games is what we always wanted to do though, and PSN gives us the opportunity to get ‘em out there to you lovely people.

About two years ago when we first left to do our own thing, we sat around talking about what our very first game might be. We knew for sure that we wanted to recapture some of the arcade magic of games we grew up with from the SNES and Genesis generation. Then Grant, our only artist, brought a box of toys in from his parent’s attic, and something kind of beautiful happened. There was an instant, awesome power to demonstrating your latest game idea with Optimus Prime in your hands. We kept coming back to one toy though — an Evel Knievel stunt cycle. We sat and played with it, building bigger and bigger ramps, launching it out of windows and down corridors. It didn’t matter that he crashed all the time; in fact, that was almost the point. Just like that, Joe Danger was born!

The really important thing about playing with that stunt cycle was that building ramps was as much fun as launching yourself over them. So with Joe Danger you can freeze the game at any point to enter edit-mode and change your world any way you want. You can put a ramp down just before you land or place a ring of fire just before you go through it. It’s really easy and allows you to create the most ridiculous stunts you can think of, then use them to smash some world records! You can even share your creations with all your friends and torment them with your devious creations.

We’re a pretty competitive bunch here at Hello Games, and never more so than when we take each other on in some outrageous split-screen face-offs. The key to success is to pull tricks and create combos which will earn boost, allowing you to reach ridiculous speeds and pull even bigger tricks. Once you master your motorbike, you can take on the world with your high-scoring combos. We’re really looking forward to having some competition when the game is released.

When people ask me what my favorite film is, I like to tell them it’s Cinema Paridiso, because I like to look clever. It’s a lie though. My favorite film is actually The Naked Gun. I’m a big fan of slapstick, especially people getting clotheslined at high-speed, and that’s something we’ve tried to fill our game with. We use advanced cartoon physics to create a world ripe with humour. As a stuntman you laugh in the face of Danger, but it laughs back when you crash, as you bounce from boulder to boulder on fire, towards a pile of giant mousetraps. Even when you’re flung from your bike at high speed though, you can still make a last ditch attempt to please the crowd by pulling poses mid-air and nudging yourself directly into the path of Danger to score some extra points.

Joe Danger is coming out really soon, sometime in the next few months. We’re giddy with excitement about it and we think it’ll put a big stupid grin on your face.

Stunt, Create and Share

Creating levels in Joe Danger is as fast and fun as playing the game itself. In fact, you never leave the game! As you ride through your level, press Edit at any time to freeze the world and play about with it however you want. You can drop a ramp then launch Joe over it, or place a Shark Tank just before he lands.

You can even create your own challenges to send to your friends. Lay down the gauntlet with your own Multiplayer race level, or set out a Coin Dash against the clock, or a tricky Target Smash. You can complete a friend’s level, then add more danger and send it right back for the ultimate challenge. That’s how we’ve created all our own levels in the game.

It’s a BIG game

You take Joe from zero to hero across eleven tours, which are each made up of up to ten levels. Levels are set in a crazy diverse set of hazard filled game modes like Target Smash, Assault Course, Race, Coin Dash, Bowling Bounce, and Puzzle Mode.

Each of those levels feature a high-score table and up to eight challenge stars earned by thrilling the crowd. Some involve collecting hidden pick-ups high in the sky using skilful boosting, beating Team Nasty to the finish line, collecting the letters of D-A-N-G-E-R , racing against the clock, launching your bike at top speed towards a rack of bowling pins and scoring a strike, or keeping the crowd cheering as you combo a whole level. Sometimes you’ll be trying to do all of those things at once!

Community

Joe Danger is all about playing with friends, because playing Joe Danger together is how we’ve built this game. That might mean passing the pad on a heart-breakingly difficult Coin Dash, or punching your rivals off their bike in Splitscreen. Sometimes it’s crossing the finish line to immediately see all your online friends highscores, and instantly restarting. More often, it’s about downloading a new level and trying to complete it, before making your own tweaks.

We want this to be a competitive game, something to play with friends and one we hope you’ll want to tell everyone about.

The PSN Store publish date is June 8th — and we hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HelloGamesTube#p/a/u/0/GcMnLnrOPs8

Play , create , share the Pain..lol

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

Awesome :D I like where all these sony titles going with play create share etc.....

I also like the character design for Joe Danger...makes you wanna make the most horrid traps to kick his ass, added to the list of def buys for the future

Thanks for the info m8

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Awesome :D I like where all these sony titles going with play create share etc.....

I also like the character design for Joe Danger...makes you wanna make the most horrid traps to kick his ass, added to the list of def buys for the future

Thanks for the info m8

yea I also like where Sony is going with the play , create , share etc.

this Genre is exploding already.

also:

a) they are only a 4 man development Team

B) across the street from our friends at Media Molecule

that's just awsome, an this game is already looking to be quite fun.

Play , Create ,  Share genre is starting to be my fav. Genre this Generation, As soon as that Play ,Create , Share RPG hits it most likely will be then..

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I love it! Moving closer and closer to console video game modding.

Hopefully (and I stress it big time) one day modding on the consoles will rival that of the PC.

Ssenkahdavic said:

Hopefully (and I stress it big time) one day modding on the consoles will rival that of the PC.

with it being as simple and in some cases like LBP pretty extensive in LBP 1+2  already with what you can do, it's getting near to that point to already without all of the many tool's needed that PC software modding need's. It's pretty cool what your able to do in the Play , Create , Share Genre  on console's already.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Around the Network
joeorc said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

with it being as simple and in some cases like LBP pretty extensive ibn what you can do, it's getting near to that point to already without all of the many tool's needed that PC software modding need's. It's pretty cool what your able to do in the Play , Create , Share Genre  on console's already.

I agree completely.  Im talking changing the models and animation, writting your own story, making new characters/class and spells...etc.

Take nothing away from what they are doing.  I think its awesome and hope it keep evolving.

Ssenkahdavic said:
joeorc said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

with it being as simple and in some cases like LBP pretty extensive ibn what you can do, it's getting near to that point to already without all of the many tool's needed that PC software modding need's. It's pretty cool what your able to do in the Play , Create , Share Genre  on console's already.

I agree completely.  Im talking changing the models and animation, writting your own story, making new characters/class and spells...etc.

Take nothing away from what they are doing.  I think its awesome and hope it keep evolving.

yea me also, I just see once the Play , Create , Share RPG hit's were going to see such effect's I think in my Opinion, open spell effect's that you can combine to make completely new spell's an effect's.

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Thanks for the info m8

yea I also like where Sony is going with the play , create , share etc.

this Genre is exploding already.

also:

a) they are only a 4 man development Team

B) across the street from our friends at Media Molecule

that's just awsome, an this game is already looking to be quite fun.

Play , Create ,  Share genre is starting to be my fav. Genre this Generation, As soon as that Play ,Create , Share RPG hits it most likely will be then..

yep I'm glad Sony is taking the initiative for the movement...I can only imagine what games like LBP2 can do

4 ppl? WOW that's impressive :D

I honestly think the next version of this genre should be sing record share, will be a huge hit imo, especially in Europe (Possible Move title, make it happen sony)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Please use this thread

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o